Crazywa 1.0.5 source-code release

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Crazywa 1.0.5 source-code release

Post by hgm »

I finally got to cleaning up the source code of CrazyWa, which in Dec 2016 was written in haste, and saturated with debug print statements and inactive features that had failed the test for improvement. All that stuff has been deleted now.

I also fixed a tiny overflow bug that still existed in Crazyhouse: the value of four in-hand Queens (each 600) is too large to fit in the 12-bit evaluation part of the repetition key when this is interpreted as a signed quantity. As a result two successive spite-check drops left and right of the opponent King (transferring two Queens from one hand to the other) was seen as a pseudo-repeat that gained material, and awarded an instant-win score. It now makes an exception for exactly this overflowed value.

The source code can be found in my on-line repository at http://hgm.nubati.net /
Greg Strong

Re: Crazywa 1.0.5 source-code release

Post by Greg Strong »

Very nice :D
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: Crazywa 1.0.5 source-code release

Post by hgm »

Ugh... It turned out the version I started from, when cleaning up the source code, was already broken for Tori Shogi. At some point I inserted a duplicate entry for Wa Shogi in the variants table (under the alias '11x17+16_chu'), but I forgot to shift the data in other arrays that are indexed by variant number accordigly. So the Wa duplicat was using Tori tables, and Tori Shogi was using null data.

The latest patch in my repository fixes that. Only known defect now is that it says it supports Euro-Shogi, while in fact it doesn't.