Father 1 Rybka 2.32a mp 0. Mothers's day !!!!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Re: Father 1 Rybka 2.32a mp 0. Mothers's day !!!!!

Post by Father »

Hello Lance,
Thank you very much for your invitation to play some chess games against Tinker Chess Program. You are a Gentleman.

I am probably sure, that a machine, that have to me as a "target", could bet to me easely"

I am now 47 years old, I am feeling quite ok, its looks like if our God, have got to me health and time........ but my body my health and my Earth`s time are everyday shorter; I a feelinfg that too.............
The time control - Earth Control - is running against me, and the door between the other dimension and the third place from here is waiting to me; where clocks and watches never could start, becouse there is not there any possibility to have a final countain, for the meaning of the other life......... Where only will be alive for ever, the love, and the hate, living one up other down ..........
I`m here.....I`m welcome Sir to play....

With best respect,

Pablo
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
CThinker

Post by CThinker »

Father wrote:Hello Lance,
Thank you very much for your invitation to play some chess games against Tinker Chess Program. You are a Gentleman.

I am probably sure, that a machine, that have to me as a "target", could bet to me easely"

I am now 47 years old, I am feeling quite ok, its looks like if our God, have got to me health and time........ but my body my health and my Earth`s time are everyday shorter; I a feelinfg that too.............
The time control - Earth Control - is running against me, and the door between the other dimension and the third place from here is waiting to me; where clocks and watches never could start, becouse there is not there any possibility to have a final countain, for the meaning of the other life......... Where only will be alive for ever, the love, and the hate, living one up other down ..........

With best respect,

Pablo
Thanks Pablo.

Here it is:
http://cid-2991af457de54bf0.skydrive.li ... ker51F.zip

I was hoping you could later share us the games, even those that are incomplete. My goal is to analyze all the games and improve the code.

I'm pretty sure that you can create blocked positions that the engine will not be able to prevent. I am just hoping that this time, the engine will reduce such occurrences.

Thanks again.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

CThinker wrote:

With best respect,

Pablo
Thanks Pablo.

Here it is:
http://cid-2991af457de54bf0.skydrive.li ... ker51F.zip

I was hoping you could later share us the games, even those that are incomplete. My goal is to analyze all the games and improve the code.

I'm pretty sure that you can create blocked positions that the engine will not be able to prevent. I am just hoping that this time, the engine will reduce such occurrences.

Thanks again.
I am pretty sure that Glaurung will not lose or draw a single game against master :lol: Pablo....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
pedrox

Post by pedrox »

Hi Lance,

You can tell us some ideas so that humans can not block the position?

I can to penalize the evaluation if the engine has 7 or 8 pawns?

Pedro
CThinker

Post by CThinker »

pedrox wrote: I can to penalize the evaluation if the engine has 7 or 8 pawns?
I could never make asymmetric scoring like this work. Its like saying, that, its is OK for your opponent to not castle as long as there are 8 pawns on the board.
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Post by Father »

Hello Lance,
I wen to the weeb page, and save tinker, but I have not ben capable to open it and pla....Could you help me please.... I am not an expert in that...
Thanks Lance,
Pablo
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
CThinker

Post by CThinker »

I wen to the weeb page, and save tinker, but I have not ben capable to open it and pla....Could you help me please.... I am not an expert in that...
Thanks Lance,
Pablo
What interface are you using? I might be able to give you instructions on how to setup the Thinker engine for Arena, Winboard, ChessMaster and ThinkerBoard.

The engine that I pointed you to is archived using zip. In Windows, you can 'right-click' on the file, and select the 'Extract All' options. Once you have extracted the files, you then add the "(Passive) Thinker 32-bit.exe" file to whatever GUI you are using.

If that does not work out, I can send you the ThinkerBoard installation that will include the custom Thinker engine. Just let me know if that is what you want.

Thanks again...
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

CThinker wrote:Once you have extracted the files, you then add the "(Passive) Thinker 32-bit.exe" file to whatever GUI you are using.
I thought that the Passive version was to be used against engines, so Pablo should play against the Active version?
CThinker

Post by CThinker »

Ovyron wrote:
CThinker wrote:Once you have extracted the files, you then add the "(Passive) Thinker 32-bit.exe" file to whatever GUI you are using.
I thought that the Passive version was to be used against engines, so Pablo should play against the Active version?
I made the change to both the 'passive' and 'active' versions of the engine. So, both can be tested.

Cheers!
CThinker

Post by CThinker »

Thanks Lance,
Pablo
OK. I made a one-off installation for ThinkerBoard that includes the custom Thinker engine. All you need to do run this installation program.

http://cid-2991af457de54bf0.skydrive.li ... ard12A.exe

Once it is done, you can start ThinkerBoard from the new icon that is added to your desktop, or you can run it from the 'Start' - 'All Programs' menu.

To start a game:
1. Do a mouse 'right-click' anywhere on the GUI to bring-up the main menu.
2. Select 'Game', and then select 'New'. This brings up the new game dialog.
3. Select the time control and the side you want to play.

The UI currently does not automatically save the games. So, after each game, you need to select 'File' - 'Save' from the main menu. Also, when you save to a file, the contents of that file will be overwritten. So, you might want to save to different files at the end of each game. Sorry for these limitations. I will fix them later.

Cheers!