DRIVER PC ARENA chess + NOVAG CITRINE : use engine PC with

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Karmazen & Oliver

DRIVER PC ARENA chess + NOVAG CITRINE : use engine PC with

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

DRIVER PC ARENA chess + NOVAG CITRINE : used engine PC with board & SAVE Games.

FASNTATIC work do programers ARENA chess...

go go go: http://www.playwitharena.com/

and SEE version 2007-03-31, Arena 1.99 Beta 4 available for download

We have a FANTASTIC good driver to used CITRINE with engine PCs

you can do a lot of options:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9157 ... endas3.jpg

1- you can play with CITRINE and the game is continues save in computer PC.... (analyse infinite)

2 you can send comands for CITRINE, and not need used botton MENU and reload new game.

3 In mode refference MODE ON... you can PLAY with UCI engine PC in BOARD CITRINE ¡¡¡ similar ( the expesive DGT board ¡) ... in this options CITRINE comes UP to top max LEVEL ... if you computer are normal have more of 2700 ELO FIDE ¡; some options are some diferents but this not problem... the captures see first the piece captured and after this the move of computer engine... in this mode not it´s important if you retired first the other piece and do the move ( leds go ON´s) or move first the black piece ( if computer is black), in this option not see the destination LED... but It´s very easy because if not led ON any square this mean that piece capture one piece you... ( this is a small problem but not is very important because you can see previus the destination move, and in LCD you see too )

4 YOU can GO Back always ¡¡¡ and not have any problem... you can test some plans or strategy and if not like go back... ARENA chess question you if you want create a variant or overwrite ¡¡¡... fantastic too... if you do some variants ( example you are play a old game play previus with other person...) and after do a study you go back in real moves ( must be in citrine moves real, not in monitor...) ENGINE waits you when you are in some lines that have "previus" calulations ... ENGINE PC not move until you don't arrive at the end to the TREE... ( this is very good too...)

5. you can change SIDE.. only need back you move, and the move of engine... in this moment if you move NOW you are play with black ( if previus I was white ) very fast and fantastic to...

6 the valorations in MONITOR can used to way training... ( engine thinking always )

7 - you can recibe a game from CITRINE or a positons setup... to evaluate ... with pc engine ¡¡¡ s

maybe CITRINE can play with other engines, but this not is very importan options... maybe is necesary play in mode autoplay, and you can not have enough time to move in real game... maybe to test some lines books or other options... but not very interesting... CITRINE is not necesary DO a perfect GAME... I not like my computer if I lost always ;-)

This is a GOOD victory agains DGT BOARD..

this is a good board to profesionalty because have "recognition of pieces" to do a more fast setup positions, but not is very interesting for my if this means more expensive and not have LCD and LEDs moves.. and not sounds...

CITRINE vrs DGT board:

LEDS (not legal in competitions games )
SOUND ( similar previus)
is more "governable and practice" because is more small.

IS 1/2 more cheap ¡¡ (remember that Board DGT + clock XL cost near double price ¡¡)

Have a CPU and engine internal...

and DGT have: memory internal... ( citrines not have... but I have a lot of memory in computer ;-)
DGT have a "more big and it´s necesary to play in reals games competition)
DGT clock XL, perphaps show us more informations, about TIMES or moves in all situations ( citrines not do this if game end... in MATE (1-0 / 0-1 ) or (tie 0.5-0.5)

DGT is USB or serial, and NOVAG citrine only SERIAL.
I´m test this fantastic program ARENA with engine rybka and play a long game ( rybka fast rapid game 5' to all game and I with a lot of time 30 ' to all game ) I can go back.. and after 25' I win ¡¡¡ rybka ¡¡¡ ;-)

And in FUTURE cans better options if the programmers (ARENA chess )want

imagine a upgrade software and USE this board in INTERNET GAME... vrs other persons human that have CITRINE and software ARENA... you can see his move in REAL BOARD ¡¡¡ this is fantastic... and you can play fast games... ( 5 minutes or 3 minutes for all game )

and in future perphaps we can see TOO a serial "wifi" or converter USB to SERIAL , and USB in WIFI or bluetooh...

SUPER FANTASTIC JOB and work...

GO: http://www.playwitharena.com/
Alteburgerstr. 298
50968 Köln
Germany

ALWAYS forever THANks ALL people that use a lot of time to do and GIVE more free software for ALL PEOPLE

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4226 ... tasln7.jpg

PD: he realizado un VIDEO domestico en el que se ve como muevo las fichas en CITRINE y responden en el MONITOR y tambien se ven como las jugadas del monitor llegan a CITRINE...

PD: I´m do a VIDEO "*.avi" and it´s posible see how I do moves in citrine and you can see in monitor 19"... this is a good video but I don´t know how unploading this VIDEO to YOUTUBE por example...

a question.. somebody know all of long can be a cable serie ) 3 metres or 7 or 9 metres ?

bye.

http://meca.mundoforo.com/aqui-vp683.html#683
(more info in spanish)
http://meca.mundoforo.com/modelos-y-car ... s-vf3.html
(and here all information about CITRINE UP, down left and right see ;-) )

bye bye players chess ¡¡¡
Karmazen & Oliver

Re: DRIVER PC ARENA chess + NOVAG CITRINE : use engine PC wi

OK oliver.. this is a fantastiv INFO

all players CITRINES like a lot this..

very well.. ¡¡

uhmmm... ohhhh I´m oliver too... nobody or somebody need write something ?

I know that ALL you read this post, but ....

Ok... I´m understand ...
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Oliver

your up to the minute information for the PC-Citrine connection is excellent but sorry personally i have NO interest to connect a PC to any chess computer

i am sure that others here do have this interest however

Pure Dedicated Chess Computer Collector Regards
Steve
Murat

Post by Murat »

All I can say is WOW!!! great job indeed.

Does the driver work with the regular Novag UCB?
If it does this will be even greater news.

Made my day regards

Murat :.
Karmazen & Oliver

Murat wrote:All I can say is WOW!!! great job indeed.

Does the driver work with the regular Novag UCB?
If it does this will be even greater news.

Made my day regards

Murat :.
thanks you for congratuletions about info, ARENA chess programers do a genial job...

the previus novag UCB comunicate to 9600 bs... and citrine in 57600 or 56700 ... if ARENA chess not programar TO old but good previus novag UCB specifically options maybe not runs..

I think that nis not very dificult DO that driver... comunication is more easy that RARE citrine but maybe not a lot of people have now this board...

send a mail to ARENA chess... myabe yes in future or not... I don´t know...

bye... oliver since Spain
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

i wonder if the interface works also with the Novag Star Diamond .

maybe this works too ?
mclane

Post by mclane »

how were the commands for moves on the citrine ?
i attached my star diamond with arena and it connected and set a command to the diamond to go in referee mode on.

but when moving a move on the diamond chess board,
nothing happened in the arena interface.

what a pity. maybe with a few small changed arena also
works with
die diamond, diamond II and star diamond because they all have this interface.
Karmazen & Oliver

I don´t know is Star diamond is indentical to CITRINE. Maybe not.. because other previus driver that DO alain zanthecha for star diamond runs OK with software PC... ( is similar to UCI ) you can see the valorations of SD computer in monitor... and play a game... when I used this driver with citrine not runs OK... and se need a "adapter" program for citrine....

CITRINE have some "changes" in some comands new games, and need send twice moves...

(maybe the option of setup Arena novag comunication must by desactivate in mode "star diamond")

when you use CITRINE with arena chess the option better is "activate ON" (twice send) ... in this option you can see the move in LCD and Leds boards...

but I think that the option of driver ARENA not is to use computer novags vrs computer PC.. (always win PC=) I think that this is to use the magnetic automatic sensors CITRINE to used this board against engines PC... this is more logic use.

bye. ( the other good option is to SAVE games in *.pgn very fast... )
mclane

Post by mclane »

i tried out everything and it did not work.
why not making it also possible for the other novag machines.
diamond. diamond II. star diamond.
they all have the same interface like the citrine.
it should not be difficult to make it work.
Karmazen & Oliver

hi,

citrine program comand are more basic use that previus computer novag..

I see that I have a UCB 1.00 and SD have ups version of it..

this mean that CITRINE only permit send information serial, when it´s not thinking, and not send any evaluation... to serial port..

maybe that some information send to PC, since star diamond or other previus models not are correctly for use on a game...

This driver is for NOVAG citrine, but you are correct... maybe not dificult use a lot of codig program to create other driver to others computer novag...

but the last computer novag is citrine, and it´s maybe that the good use Board wood and engine similar rybka is more use for the clients of novag.

VIDEO S novag CITRINE + ARENA chess Rybka 2925 ELO ¡¡¡

http://216.25.93.108/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12887

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rIY0iqeyVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k4Cyk9vpIM

here you can see two videos that I played and lost vrs rybka in a wood board citrine.

bye.