VIDEO citrine + software ARENA + rybka vrs. human KARMAZEN

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Karmazen & Oliver

VIDEO citrine + software ARENA + rybka vrs. human KARMAZEN

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

VIDEO S novag CITRINE + ARENA chess Rybka 2925 ELO ¡¡¡

here the videos, I hope you like ¡.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k4Cyk9vpIM

Y aqui los codigos.... para usar en WEBs.
and here the codig to use in web pags.
height="350"></embed></object>
height="350"> </embed> </object>

saludos. bye since spain
JonP01

Re: VIDEO citrine + software ARENA + rybka vrs. human KARMAZ

Post by JonP01 »

Well I have to completely agree with SteveB here. Why the heck would I want to connect a dedicated chess computer to a PC? For me that is the whole point of dedicated machines. To get as far away as possible from those horrid, abominable, but necessary PC contraptions.

but each to their own Regards

Jonathan
Karmazen & Oliver

JonP01 wrote:Well I have to completely agree with SteveB here. Why the heck would I want to connect a dedicated chess computer to a PC? For me that is the whole point of dedicated machines. To get as far away as possible from those horrid, abominable, but necessary PC contraptions.

Jonathan
XD ???

and How do you think that the persons test the ELO betwen computer ???

they use SERIAL port ¡¡¡ and not need move all games in real board...

_______

and if you like play with a computer not PC... you like save the game in *.pgn .. the format of the basic computer program hyperterminal not is good for this... and it´s need a lot of time to save the games...

with this program (arena) tyou can save directly ... and whe you win always CITRINE, you can use this to play vrs a engine up 2900

___

the other option is maybe in future ( use CITRINE board ) to play with other persons in the world that have this unit too..

___

it´s great JOB ¡¡ and this is very use for domestic users... ( DGT board is so expesive and can not play alone )

bye bye...
oliver since SPain
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

JonP01 wrote:Well I have to completely agree with SteveB here. Why the heck would I want to connect a dedicated chess computer to a PC? For me that is the whole point of dedicated machines. To get as far away as possible from those horrid, abominable, but necessary PC contraptions.

Jonathan
hi Jon
good man!

i have the Novag Diablo all set up ..i want to give it a work out for testing purposes

if you are available ..got anything to challenge it with ?
can play a game on Playchess for the next hour or so

ALL Dedicated..ALL of the Time Regards
Steve
Murat

Post by Murat »

Jonathan

They are using the citrine as a substitute for a more expensive DGT board .

This should be a great deal to any normal citrine owner, and possibly even for Novag UCB owners as well

Murat :.
Karmazen & Oliver

Murat wrote:

Jonathan

This should be a great deal to any normal citrine owner, and possibly even for Novag UCB owners as well

and board citrine have LEDs .. and not need see monitor.. ( DGT have options buy clock XL, expensive too.. to see the moves in clock, but not is the same...)..

bye.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Murat wrote:

Jonathan

i dont see the why all of the big commotion about this Murat
DGT boards are DIRT CHEAP Nowadays:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DGT-electronic-Ches ... dZViewItem

:wink: Regards
Steve
Karmazen & Oliver

murat want say that

NEW s boards.. CITRINE cost 280 € or 250 $ and DGT board cost twice ¡¡¡

and not have LEDs to see the moves...

nows DGT go seld boards DGT without cables ( wireless) but only in the option more expensive of the models DGT

marble wood and royal piece... this UP near or up 600 € ¡¡ and the clock XL cost a lot to..

you can muy 3 NOVAG CITRINES news with the cost of ONE unit DGT.

not any colour steve.
JonP01

Post by JonP01 »

Steve B wrote:i have the Novag Diablo all set up ..i want to give it a work out for testing purposes

if you are available ..got anything to challenge it with ?
can play a game on Playchess for the next hour or so
Hi Steve,

Sorry, just got back to my computer. I've got a spare hour at the moment too. I just checked Diablo's SSDF rating. It's about 170 higher than my current estimate for Gameboy Chessmaster.

How would you like a game with Diablo set on "game in 5" versus Chessmaster set to "game in 30"? (pondering off on Diablo). That might even things up a bit more given the rating discrepancy, but I suspect Diablo might still win.

Let me know.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

ok
going there now in the CAFE..not Enigne room

but i cant turn pondering off on the Diablo

the best i can do is use a novice level but i dont know how bad it will play then

Lets Rock Regards
Steve