crafty game and log files

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: crafty game and log files

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

This is a bug which was confirmed by the author as I remember,I assume that it's Crafty 21.5.....
Even if you set the log to off,it will flode your winboard folder with these files....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
sje

Post by sje »

If you don't want any of the game or log files, it's possible to use Crafty's shell escape command to automatically delete them. Have a shell escape in the initialization file call a batch file to do a wildcard delete of the unwanted files.
beachknight

Post by beachknight »

Have you tried with

Code: Select all

log=off 
as the first line of your crafty.rc?
hi, merhaba, hallo HT
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

beachknight wrote:Have you tried with

log=off 
as the first line of your crafty.rc?
Won't work pal....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
abb

logpath=\RECYCLER [Re: game.xxx/log.xxx files]

Post by abb »

cooldalek (which is redundant, as all daleks are cool) wrote:I am gettting huge numbers of game.00x and log.00x files in my winboard folder. My crafty rc file (win xp op system) is ... (snip)
My (admittedly inelegant/lazy) workaround for this was to redirect all that stuff to the Recycle Bin, via Crafty's logpath command line parameter. Eg:

crafty tbpath=TB\3-4-5\;TB\tbs logpath=\RECYCLER 
...calls Crafty, sets my tablebase directories up, and shunts all the game.00x and log.00x files over to the Recycle Bin*, where (ostensibly) they're automagically deleted someday. All other options are handled by my crafty.rc file, which is identical to this one.
    • *In Linux, you'd just set logpath=/dev/null, but I can't remember how to access the Win32 bit bucket. :(
Murder, she wrote:...pentium 2.4ghz (single CPU - 32 bit) with 1 gig of ram

When Winboarding, variations on the following batch file work fine on my (comparable) system:

@REM  CraftyVsGnu5.bat
@echo Warning, Microsoft Windows contains products determined by the State
@echo of California to promote cancer, tooth decay, abnormal stress, 
@echo and a variety of STDs.  Use rarely and at your own risk.

start winboard_x.exe -cp -fcp='crafty-21.5-win32.exe tbpath=TB\3-4-5\;TB\tbs logpath=\RECYCLER' -fd='Engines\Crafty215' -scp='GNUChes5 xboard' -sd='Engines\GNU507'

Hope some/any of that helps.