To Robert Hyatt

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Tony Thomas

To Robert Hyatt

Post by Tony Thomas »

Please dont add the account apocalypse1112 to the no play list. I do not know how to edit the finger notes, but its Romichess P3k running on my measly Celeron D 2800..

Thanks In advance
Tony
Tony Thomas

Re: To Robert Hyatt

Post by Tony Thomas »

Yay, a draw against crafty...
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Lost the second game on time, I have no idea what's going on..
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Tony Thomas wrote:Yay, a draw against crafty...
Was that on the ICC? Duh, in advance! What kind of box was Crafty running on? Romi does not loose games on time. But, I did hear about one interface (Chess Partner?) where she does. By how much and at what time control? I will fix it if it is a Romi/interface problem.
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
bob

Post by bob »

Tony Thomas wrote:Please dont add the account apocalypse1112 to the no play list. I do not know how to edit the finger notes, but its Romichess P3k running on my measly Celeron D 2800..

Thanks In advance
Tony
I don't do this except in rare cases anyway, when it is obvious that something unusual is going on...
bob

Post by bob »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Was that on the ICC? Duh, in advance! What kind of box was Crafty running on? Romi does not loose games on time. But, I did hear about one interface (Chess Partner?) where she does. By how much and at what time control? I will fix it if it is a Romi/interface problem.
crafty is running on the same hardware it has been using for at least 3 years now, a dual processor pentium-4 at 2.8ghz. Very slow compared to today's hardware. My core-2 duo laptop is 4x faster for example, maybe even more...
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Like Bob said Crafty was running on a dual..I know that Romi doesnt lose on time, not under Arena anyway. You didnt have to tell me that, I have probably ran more Romi games tha you. Yes, I am using Chesspartner, and she simply stopped responding..Only 5 moves were made, and then she didnt respond. I think it was 2minute+12 seconds time control, I didnt pick the time control, since Romi still have a provisional rating, we are the beggers, and so we cant be chosers.