Goodbye Talkchess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Hood

Re: Ji there Talkchess forum!

Post by Hood »

Sam Hull wrote:
bob wrote:If the owners of ICD want to dictate what is allowable and what is not, that represents a huge problem because it is an obvious conflict of interest. Steve _never_ made any such attempts.
There are flaws in your assumptions. The only thing "dictated" by ICD has been the prohibition of links to illegal or questionable software and sites that promote acquisition of it. This has been standard policy since the days when Steve owned the shop. The recent guidance did no more than reaffirm that stance and ask for more aggressive enforcement of it.

-Sam-
What are illegal software links , are there any decisions of the court in that matter?
Questionable origin, that are suspicions or slanders or phantasies....
We can question everything even that Earth is flat :-)
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
BTO7

Re: Goodbye Talkchess

Post by BTO7 »

Rolf wrote:
bob wrote:If not, then the end is near.
This is somewhat different now. CCC still can count on you.

Let me ask a question and apologies if this was already answered.
What could be taken out of the whole clone debates in the past for the better of computerchess programming???

And this, how could you remain so tolerant, if you didnt support the invisible vilains, if you have never met them nor talked to them? Isnt this already enough to be judged as an impossible and totally wrong approach. And again why didnt you condemn them and their stuff?
Isnt it allowed to conclude that you tolerated this because it caused problems for Vas?? Couldnt you confirm that just for me? Shouldnt we get out of this mess in favor of the future of computerchess?
Hmmm yet you say this ? " What you see as proof against Vas - that he doesnt speak - is for me just a typical style of a real gentleman. " dont be a hypocrite .....same would go for the IPPO's then ...just because they dont speak .....they are just being gentlemen. Your talking out both sides of your mouth. You have no evidence about IPPO like nobody else so to call them villains base on ZERO is a hypocrite to your own very statement about Vas get real.

BT
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

solis wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Milos wrote:
Rolf wrote:I am sure that Steven Schwartz would have stopped the noise for the illegal engines, Sam and Grah are two very thoughtful and mature persons...
Oh noooo, Rolf is back. Now CCC is really doomed... :(
A real tragedy indeed....I thought that he had quit computer chess and went farming or something,but....
The annoying thing is back regards,
Dr.D
Hi Dr. D,
I hope to see you in the new forum.
Best wishes and good luck to those who are staying on this dying forum
Hi Miodrag,
Just got home from work and I'll register for sure in the upcoming couple of hours....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

Rolf wrote:
In my books someone who wasnt convicted by a judge - is innocent.
Innocent until proven guilty, right? :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

David Dahlem wrote:
Rolf wrote:
In my books someone who wasnt convicted by a judge - is innocent.
Innocent until proven guilty, right? :lol:
To be honest,I can't leave or sign off from the CCC forum....still it's the best place on earth for computer chess issues....

I will stay and I will register in the new forum....I'll read what interests me,ignore what doesn't,kick a butt here and there but will never leave....why to give some certain dark personalities such a pleasure :?:
If I am pain in the a$$ for some,so be it regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Kick someones butt here and there includes Rolf. Am I right ? :lol: :lol:
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
I'll read what interests me,ignore what doesn't,
That's what i've always done. :wink:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Damir wrote:Kick someones butt here and there includes Rolf. Am I right ? :lol: :lol:
Exclusively :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

David Dahlem wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
I'll read what interests me,ignore what doesn't,
That's what i've always done. :wink:
Pure wisdom in action :D
bob

Post by bob »

Rolf wrote:
bob wrote: As far as this "personal attack against Vas" you keep mentioning, my only comment deals with his ethics (or lack thereof) with regard to copying code from Fruit and then denying that this happened, completely. He'd have fared much better in "the court of public opinion" had he simply said "I started with the fruit source, but have modified it heavily and today little if any of that code remains." We didn't get that kind of honesty however. We got "silence".
Let's not pretend that you or we all or you and C.Theron had the authorization for a public court. In my books someone who wasnt convicted by a judge - is innocent. Never heard that you were a judge or anything near to that. For me Vas is a pure gentleman. And I recall that Vas and Fabien were together in Reykjavik. So, gentleman, plus the talks on Island is sufficient for me that everything was kosher between these two strong programmers. The strongest of the new century.

The rest is envie and character defamation. What you see as proof against Vas - that he doesnt speak - is for me just a typical style of a real gentleman. We should call him back!
I'm not a judge. But I am certainly "technically competent" in computer science and computer chess. And the evidence is convincing to those that are competent.