Goodbye Talkchess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Goodbye Talkchess forum!

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Nimzovik wrote:Why in the world people debase themselves over such non life threatening issues is inconceivable to me. Liq.Nitro demonstrated rather poor form IMHO. Really. Seriously. What possible merit was to be gained from such behavior? I am embarrassed for him. :oops: Shocking.
This guy has demonstrated several times a low level of proper bevaior and a frequent usage of such words....obviously he's living and/or working in a place where these words are mouthed like 100-200 times a day....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

You will be satisfied with the new forum. They all use the same language as you do, at least the founder and some of his followers.
You should tell them to rename the forum to the "open wide ... hole chess forum"

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

You will be satisfied with the new forum. They all use the same language as you do, at least the founder and some of his followers.
You should tell them to rename the forum to the "open wide ... hole chess forum"

Michael
:lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:You should tell them to rename the forum to the "open wide ... hole chess forum"
You are complaining about the "speach" of others?

Well, OK...

Maybe better use your time to remove the illegal links on the Arena webpages...

The reason to link to Strelka (a proven Rybka clone) and not to Ipp*** is in the dark.

Best wishes,
Alex
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:You should tell them to rename the forum to the "open wide ... hole chess forum"

Well, OK...

The reason to link to Strelka (a proven Rybka clone) and not to Ipp*** is in the dark.

Best wishes,
Alex
Alex,

Unfortunately you're quoting Wael, but it was Michael's sentence.
Henrik
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Henrik Dinesen wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:

Well, OK...

Best wishes,
Alex
Alex,

Unfortunately you're quoting Wael, but it was Michael's sentence.
Hey Alexander,I don't even have a web page :lol:

:P
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

As any civilised person should start a posting... not many of those people left around.

No, I use my time for testing the new Arena 2.0.4 version. The engine link list is inclomplete. I might change it, many thanks for your application, where may I send my bill ?

Best,
Michael
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

As any civilised person should start a posting... not many of those people left around.

No, I use my time for testing the new Arena 2.0.4 version. The engine link list is inclomplete. I might change it, many thanks for your application, where may I send my bill ?

Best,
Michael
Hi Michael,
Waiting eagerly for the new version of Arena :D
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi Wael,

You see I follow my own advice. I know many people do but besdies changed time managment, 8 engines at the same time ("a bit" buggy, needs some addirtional changes; Arena sends its name on FICS again so it could be used as an interface there, I hope; additional WB commands from HG). Other changes are marginal (as far as I can say by now). Gaviota TBs not in yet. Martin didn't say anything about supporting additional external boards like the DCS, Mysticum either. Maybe for the next testversion I will increase the number of testers, deppending on who sends what back :)

Best,
Michael
www.playwitharena.com
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Michael Diosi wrote:No, I use my time for testing the new Arena 2.0.4 version. The engine link list is inclomplete. I might change it, many thanks for your application, where may I send my bill ?
Don't tell me how much effort it is to remove a link to a illegal program. It is done within a minute. For sure it is less time intensive as your anti-Ipp*** posts. As long as you have links to illegal programs on your site you should not attack people here with links to engines of "questionable legal status".

You can send me a bill if you like. I am always happy to support freeware projects. If you think I have not done enough for Arena and freeware engines, please send me a bill.

Maybe you can put it here, so that all people can see it. Maybe you can encourage more people to pay the Arena bill.

And here is my "Hi" for you: Hi.

I see a forum discussion like a real discussion. I don't say always "Hi" before i start a sentence. And I don't always sign it. I expect to get an answer. That is not meant as offence in any way.