Goodbye Talkchess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

alpha123

Re: Goodbye Talkchess

Post by alpha123 »

This was needed a loooong time ago.... :roll:

Ooh, and it uses phpBB3.

Anyway, I signed up as 'Peter C' there too.

I think I'll still hang around Talkchess for a bit to see the end. This could get epic. I guess. :P

Congrats on your decision Jeremy,
Peter
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Post by Father »

Jun2 9, 2010

Good evening Thomas Mayer (Thomas Mayer).

How are you Sir?!! ?

What a good days were these when the beautiful “Comp Quark” used to be in main room from playchess.com. I can remember the hundreds of games the machine won to me.

If God get me the chance and you the opportunities, what a nice being to play against comp quark in main room.

The Main room with some chess engines into it, and then, many persons playing for free against commercial and not commercial engines was a very good experience...

Because of I have been very concentrated in man versus machines; I have not understood the meaning of this post. Today I put in the morning a game in played against Houdini, my first game, my first victory. Even tough the Houdini did not have any time, and the watch appear TIEMPO in my favor a victories on time, the machine to continue playing without time and with out acceptation of it’s loose, since the move 165 until the last move 195 more or less, when the machine claimed a draw by repetition. I claimed that THIS IS A CHESS COMPUTER TIME CHEATER, but the post was eraser and my game … I don’t understood the reason, the same that all these posts, just I played on a desk the game, and could discover that Houdini is a cheater. I won the game… now some hours after were removed my post I don’t understand yet why it was removed…

Not hate is a VIP attitude on life. Times fly, and feel hate each other is one of the biggest waste of time ever been ... What a stupid arrogance are on Earth. I would like hear in this forum, just feels everybody love themselves, help ourselves, and never never hate each other.

Best regards,

Father playches.com user
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
Arturo Ochoa

Post by Arturo Ochoa »

Father wrote:Jun2 9, 2010

Good evening Thomas Mayer (Thomas Mayer).

How are you Sir?!! ?

What a good days were these when the beautiful “Comp Quark” used to be in main room from playchess.com. I can remember the hundreds of games the machine won to me.

If God get me the chance and you the opportunities, what a nice being to play against comp quark in main room.

The Main room with some chess engines into it, and then, many persons playing for free against commercial and not commercial engines was a very good experience...

Because of I have been very concentrated in man versus machines; I have not understood the meaning of this post. Today I put in the morning a game in played against Houdini, my first game, my first victory. Even tough the Houdini did not have any time, and the watch appear TIEMPO in my favor a victories on time, the machine to continue playing without time and with out acceptation of it’s loose, since the move 165 until the last move 195 more or less, when the machine claimed a draw by repetition. I claimed that THIS IS A CHESS COMPUTER TIME CHEATER, but the post was eraser and my game … I don’t understood the reason, the same that all these posts, just I played on a desk the game, and could discover that Houdini is a cheater. I won the game… now some hours after were removed my post I don’t understand yet why it was removed…

Not hate is a VIP attitude on life. Times fly, and feel hate each other is one of the biggest waste of time ever been ... What a stupid arrogance are on Earth. I would like hear in this forum, just feels everybody love themselves, help ourselves, and never never hate each other.

Best regards,

Father playches.com user
Oh, my god... :? :roll:
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

I am with you, good bye talk chess.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

I have been a member here since this board opened, I hope ICD and you are happy. You got what you wanted. GOOD BYE I will not buy anything from ICD again. This is my last post on this board.

GOOD BYE....

Mark Young.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Mr. Hyatt you are a man with integrity. If at anytime in the past I thought differently I was wrong.
lmader

Post by lmader »

Thanks Jeremy. I very much support your stance on free and open discussion. I've joined your forum, and look forward to a breath of fresh air. I'm also encouraged to see some of the most respected members here joining your group. In particular, Dr. Robert Hyatt is valuable addition.

Warm regards.
"The foundation of morality is to have done, once for all, with lying; to give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibilities of knowledge." - T. H. Huxley
kingliveson

Post by kingliveson »

Good Evening!

Talkchess was once a great place to share and communicate ideas for many years. There is considerable amount of knowledge reading the programming sub-forum -- there are two scientists there whose comments I normally read. The General forum at one point was a place to discuss many topics, including controversial ones.

Short story – A New Program Arrived On The Scene. Certain commercial entities felt threatened by strength of this new program. A whisper campaign began to emerge to delegitimize the new program. No official statement has ever been released regarding allegations of wrongdoing, and no evidence has been provided a year to date, to support these allegations.

On the contrary, the accuser is/was accused of wrongdoing, and solid evidence supporting each account of misconduct has been offered. Yet, it was/is ok for discussion to continue, and promotion of the accuser’s program is allowed. Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi.

CCC had prided itself in democratic approach to governing the Forum. Moderators are elected to guide the site by its chatter/rules. During the previous election, I had communicated with the site sponsors regarding the “controversial” topic that was ongoing. The impression given was that they do not control contents of this server.

Graham Banks was elected as one of 3 personnel team. Following the election, one of the elected moderators resigned stating Banks would not cooperate or compromise. Now, just a few months later, another of the elected moderator has not only resigned his position because of Banks, but also quit the forum. Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.

In all, some of us actually pay for commercial programs, and do not obtain them for free because of who we know and personal relationships. So when we take positions on issues, it’s usually objective; nepotism does not cloud our judgment. Our loyalty is to the game -- not an individual or a commercial entity.

Good Knight,

Franklin

P.S. I am now registered at the new forum, and looking forward to participating without fear of thought police.
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

SHHeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssshhhhhhhhhhh! It's not like one is being repressed here! All ideas are welcomed there in the clone room. The clone discussions can be discussed ad infinitum in the correct room. This place has done a stellar job IMHO. OMGoodness! Are people complaining capitalists are endeavoring to make a profit?? Yeah -and? So? IF business interests forced all discussions of cloned engines to be shut down at this site then I could see where some people would be miffed. So be miffed! So open your own site! That is the greatness of freedom. You have NO constitutional right to not be offended! Hello! ICD owns this site! They can do what they want! I think it quite comfortable to live within what rules are here. IF I don't like it I can leave. So those that wish to do so ... feel free. I have a sneaking suspicion that some have ulterior motives for such muckraking that appears above. Not all mind you. No way. Of course a forum is better with more members.... especially seasoned members. Let us all lighten up! For reals --I lost my password once and for the life of me I couldn't figure how to return here (yes I know I am stupid.) Ergo for months I was s-t-u-c-k at another site (said site will not be named due to comportment considerations. However I am miffed I do not have a R3 +!) until I almost lost my mind talking to teen agers. Hail to the moderators! Down with the communists! * oops did I say that last part out loud? Darn Drachen program*
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Thomas Mayer wrote:
That looks great, all the trolls are leaving... well, some collateral damage, but time will heal wounds... ;)

Greets, Thomas

Hmmmmmmm....

Thanks Thomas Mayer.

Later.