Goodbye Talkchess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Goodbye Talkchess

Post by Graham Banks »

K I Hyams wrote:Unfortunately the edit that I put into my last post seems to have crossed with your reply. The edit was not made as a consequence of your reply and I would ask you, in the circumstances, to restore the unedited post.
Does it look okay now?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
govert

Post by govert »

OK. Enough is enough.
Please give Graham a break.
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Graham Banks wrote:
K I Hyams wrote:Unfortunately the edit that I put into my last post seems to have crossed with your reply. The edit was not made as a consequence of your reply and I would ask you, in the circumstances, to restore the unedited post.
Does it look okay now?
Thank you.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Well perhaps it is only me...

But I was glad when I read the first post, I thought something was finally being done to clean up this place.

I am sad that this has been watered down.

Shaun

EDIT: these are my personal opinions
Last edited by Shaun on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andres Valverde

Post by Andres Valverde »

Zagalo wrote:I must admit that about a week a go I made a Poll about someone, the poll toke me quite sometime to constructed with my poor english. Graham removed the poll and sent me a polite message that sayd exactly
"Sorry, but polls on individual members are not permitted.
Cheers,
Graham
."

I was a bit pissedoff but the polite "Sorry.." and the naturaly friendly non-aggressive message made me calm down instantly to the point that I sent him a "Sorry.." message too !

Now sometimes ago I made a poll but was removed by another moderator, which I respect too as all moderators. But I got an aggressive warning message that ended with "..ever again or further action will be required" ! Now just compare both moderators reactions !

Again, I have NOTHING against ANY moderator whatsoever, I am giving this example just to show how I was respectfully and friendly treated by graham which I really appreciate and continue enjoying him as a wise friendly moderator

Well, just my 2 cents I guess :)
Well, you named Graham, why can't you name the other moderator? Fear? of "further actions"?
Saludos, Andres
Mark Mason

Post by Mark Mason »

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

sockmonkey wrote:
You are correct there, and I will honor my commitment and continue to moderate until the end of my term. I never intended to run for a second, so nothing has changed there. However, my focus, and my participation, will be on OpenChess
good to hear that Jeremey

i am a firm believer that honoring ones commitment is more important then anything else
the board was served well by you during a very contentious period
i still regret that Matthias ..a highly respected member of our community and significant contributor to Computer Chess felt the need to resign above the wishes of the members who elected him
years from now..when the current controversies of the day are long forgotten..all that you will be remember is that you stayed the course..full filled your obligation.. did not quit .and did not kneel to those very vocal few here who consider themselves some sort of self-appointed "protectors of the flame"

Graham has apologized now multiple times....in public..thats more then you can ask of anyone
takes a big man to do that ..no matter how you slice it...
you have returned his gesture by agreeing to say on for the remaining month until the next elections..

Well Done Regards
Steve
govert

Post by govert »

which came as the result of certain members haranguing ICD about real, suspected, and imagined clones.
Only 2 things to say:

1. Geezzz....
2. Dear "certain members", Go meditate on the message in Thomas Mayer's avatar.
Arturo Ochoa

Bye Bye American Pie?!

Post by Arturo Ochoa »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U

:D

This Forum becomes more and more ludicrous, freakish and funny every day.
djbl

Post by djbl »

i think the best way talkchess could have dealt with the clone issue would have been out in the open. keeping something hidden or forbidden simply adds to the allure and those determined enough will find their way to said engines anyway. had the debate been in the open i'm sure it would have burned itself in time and ppl would have grown tired of it (i certainly have) and just moved on to another issue. all the arguing over clones/not clones and the debate as to how best to deal with it is simply keeping the issue alive. on the moderator issue, well id guess that jeremy is more in line with what a moderator should be...viz., an individual who is not driven by any commercial interests but who simply wants discussion presented in an honest and open way, just free of expletives and deformation. banks is not unbiased, he certainly has an agenda and his posts and moderating is driven 100% by that. that can't be a good thing. cencorship in general is not a good idea. those in favour of it should try living in china or north korea. ppl are capable of making their own minds up, they don't need some moderator to do it for them. anyways, i wish you all the best with your new forum jeremy.