Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rolf

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Post by Rolf »

bob wrote:
Let's stick to facts. +I+ don't sue Vas for several reasons:

(1) I have no standing to do so. I have not been "damaged" by him in any way, he did not steal my code, he has not cost me any money. Only Fabien or FSF could sue him and not have the case tossed out.

(2) I have nothing to gain and much to lose. It would take time. It would cost money. And with no potential damages to reclaim, what reason wouldl I have to jump into that quagmire.

nd hatred? Or is this another example of gross inconsistency in your argument?
Thanks for the clarity. Would you make the same chain for Fabien in return? Because you claim the he must have been damaged. Question from Germany: Why doesnt he sue Vas?????

Bob, do you see a minimal chance that this reason might have something to do with my position that Vas didnt harm Fabien at all but everything was kosher between the two?

And if that were true (the truth!), could it be that the hate campaign was nonsense all the time and you should apologize to the Champion? BTW did you know that Vas grew up in the USA for a part of his life? Why is he so thoughtful then? Isnt he a good role model for a scientist?

Isnt there no chance that we could live together in peace enjoying computerchess? I mean Vas is now entering the field where you have been in your past with Cray, no? Could Cray be called a Cluster too? Where are the differences. Please say some words about it. Thanks in advance.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
bob wrote:
You _always_ digress, but that's a different problem..
That's one of the main specifications of trolls Bob....they always disagree to keep trolling....
LOL - please stay away when adults are talking.... :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Rolf wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
bob wrote:
You _always_ digress, but that's a different problem..
That's one of the main specifications of trolls Bob....they always disagree to keep trolling....
LOL - please stay away when adults are talking.... :lol:
Ok Grandpa....I'll go to the backyard to play :lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
bob

Post by bob »

Rolf wrote:
bob wrote:
Let's stick to facts. +I+ don't sue Vas for several reasons:

(1) I have no standing to do so. I have not been "damaged" by him in any way, he did not steal my code, he has not cost me any money. Only Fabien or FSF could sue him and not have the case tossed out.

(2) I have nothing to gain and much to lose. It would take time. It would cost money. And with no potential damages to reclaim, what reason wouldl I have to jump into that quagmire.

nd hatred? Or is this another example of gross inconsistency in your argument?
Thanks for the clarity. Would you make the same chain for Fabien in return? Because you claim the he must have been damaged. Question from Germany: Why doesnt he sue Vas?????
I don't accept that argument, _period_. If there is enough evidence to convict one, based on expert opinion, then that is enough. Prosecution is not required except to exact justice. Justice is less important here than just knowing the _facts_. There are other clones. Quite a few, in fact.

Bob, do you see a minimal chance that this reason might have something to do with my position that Vas didnt harm Fabien at all but everything was kosher between the two?
No, because A can't copy code from B and be legal in _any_ tournament or event which has a no clone/derivative rule. Doesn't matter what B says, B is _still_ an author of the program A produced. We _already_ have a copy of Fruit, named "Toga". And it has been allowed with Fabien's approval with him listed as an author. A second such program is not allowable. _ever_. And when A copies B but explicitly denies anything was copied... the term "poor ethical behaviour" is the first thing that comes to mind.

And if that were true (the truth!), could it be that the hate campaign was nonsense all the time and you should apologize to the Champion? BTW did you know that Vas grew up in the USA for a part of his life? Why is he so thoughtful then? Isnt he a good role model for a scientist?
I have no idea what you mean by "hate campaign." The correct name would be "truth campaign." As for where he grew up, who cares and why would that matter at all, anyway?

Isnt there no chance that we could live together in peace enjoying computerchess? I mean Vas is now entering the field where you have been in your past with Cray, no? Could Cray be called a Cluster too? Where are the differences. Please say some words about it. Thanks in advance.
Cray is _not_ "a cluster" in the forms I have used one.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

bob wrote: And when A copies B but explicitly denies anything was copied... the term "poor ethical behaviour" is the first thing that comes to mind.
Point is that if you say this it hasnt the same power as if it had been written in the verdict of a court case. So who cares what you are saying? You are no judge. Overall we must see that if something isnt ruled out in court there is no different way to make a private, sort of lynch verdict. Therefore I say, if you show no interest in a court case then there cant be something illegal of any sorts. There rest is campaigns to slowly defamate someone's name. I didnt know that this is the CC method of choice.

Therefore I repeat my call for a new acceptance of reality without private justice.
bob

Post by bob »

Rolf wrote:
bob wrote: And when A copies B but explicitly denies anything was copied... the term "poor ethical behaviour" is the first thing that comes to mind.
Point is that if you say this it hasnt the same power as if it had been written in the verdict of a court case. So who cares what you are saying? You are no judge. Overall we must see that if something isnt ruled out in court there is no different way to make a private, sort of lynch verdict. Therefore I say, if you show no interest in a court case then there cant be something illegal of any sorts. There rest is campaigns to slowly defamate someone's name. I didnt know that this is the CC method of choice.

Therefore I repeat my call for a new acceptance of reality without private justice.
Point is, it is not _just_ me that is saying this. You seem to overlook that. If you want to say I am biased, please explain what I have to gain? I see no upside to this other than to illuminate the truth... I've already played in tournaments with Rybka. Doesn't bother me. There have been other well-known programs that started in life as GnuChess. It's happened before. It happened in the Fruit/Rybka case. It will happen again...
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Rolf wrote:I found out the secret of the Rybka envy and hate.
You offended me many times in a disrespectful and insulting way. The hate is on your side, not on mine.

Now all what I said turned out to be probably true.
Rolf wrote:Why the community should apologize to Vasik Rajlich
You should apologize to me.

You should apologize to the Ipp*** developers.

VR should apologize to his customers for necleted promises.

VR should apologize to Fabien Letouzey for useing Fruit code and making dollars with it.

All current and past moderators should apologize to the comunity for not banning you from this board. :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Rolf wrote:I found out the secret of the Rybka envy and hate.
You offended me many times in a disrespectful and insulting way. The hate is on your side, not on mine.

Now all what I said turned out to be probably true.
Rolf wrote:Why the community should apologize to Vasik Rajlich
You should apologize to me.

You should apologize to the Ipp*** developers.

VR should apologize to his customers for necleted promises.

VR should apologize to Fabien Letouzey for useing Fruit code and making dollars with it.

All current and past moderators should apologize to the comunity for not banning you from this board. :lol:
All your points are valid Alexander except for the last one....

Rolf should be tied to a tree and burned like they used to do in the middle ages when they wany to get rid of a nasty witch :lol:

All other approaches will fail :wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:All current and past moderators should apologize to the comunity for not banning you from this board. :lol:
We did in CTF, last term. You should apologise to us.

:)

Chris
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:All current and past moderators should apologize to the comunity for not banning you from this board. :lol:
We did in CTF, last term. You should apologise to us.

:)

Chris
My bad. I beg for apologizes :)