Joined: 12 Jun 2012
|Post subject: Post-final release of the Little Compendium Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:39 am
Here is a post-final release of the Little Compendium (a small addendum and the full version). God bless the inventors of prefixes. It is already the second time that I think a version would be final, and every time I am proven wrong. With such kind of assessment it is difficult to evaluate anything at all..
Anyway, what might be new in the latest addendum:
- a tiny section on hub pawns (please, do not laugh, the way I was delighted, when I read some time ago on the cpw evaluation page about the existence of 'fakers' and 'sneakers', especially the sneaky ones)
- a bit on some positional techniques (zugzwang, stalemate, etc.)
- variuos tactical considerations
- some exchange rules
- a bit on time management (might seem out of place, but still indirectly linked to evaluation)
- some useless speculations
- other useless stuff
You can download the addendum here: https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/file/view/Addendum5LCEC_2012.pdf
The full version of the compendium is available here: https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/file/view/LittleChessEvaluationCompendium.pdf
And as I already am not able to assess things righlty, at least I can predict some future events. A 100% probability event would be Mr. Oster replying to this message and saying thanks.
Many thanks to Gerd and Thomas, without whom this project would probably never start at all.
And many apologies for much too frequent updates and disturbing your peace of mind.