Stockfish=Monster 0R Fritz 13=Comatose

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Stockfish=Monster 0R Fritz 13=Comatose

Post by geots »

Stockfish 2.2.2 JA SSE42 vs Ivanhoe B49jAx64p

Intel i5 w/4TCs
Fritz 11 gui
1CPU/64bit

128MB hash
Bases=NONE
Ponder_Learning=OFF
Perfect 12.32 book w/12-move limit
40/3 Repeating
Match=50 games

Code: Select all

1   Stockfish 2.2.2 JA SSE42   +28    +11/-7/=32   54.00%   27.0/50
2   Ivanhoe B49jAx64p          -28    +7/-11/=32   46.00%   23.0/50

This Ivanhoe version a few days ago beat Fritz 13 by a score of 27-2. I would imagine Fritz, Shredder, Hiarcs and Junior will never all be bunched somewhere around the "top 3" or so again. I'm trying to figure out right now how one of them could figure a way to squeeze into the top 10. It must be a humbling experience.

Until then-

g
e
o
r
g
e
tomgdrums

Re: Stockfish=Monster 0R Fritz 13=Comatose

Post by tomgdrums »

Hi George!

I wouldn't count out Shredder! (or possibly even Hiarcs)

Shredder 12 is still in the top ten at CCRL and it is over two years old.

So I could see Shredder making it back to the top 5.
geots

Re: Stockfish=Monster 0R Fritz 13=Comatose

Post by geots »

tomgdrums wrote:Hi George!

I wouldn't count out Shredder! (or possibly even Hiarcs)

Shredder 12 is still in the top ten at CCRL and it is over two years old.

So I could see Shredder making it back to the top 5.

Problem is you got Houdini, Critter, Strelka, Stockfish, RobboLito, Rybka, Komodo, Vitruvius, DeepSaros, about 25 Ivanhoe versions that Shredder, Fritz, Junior and Hiarcs cannot come close to beating. That is 9 + 25 for the Top 10. Now is where your point of view would come into play: If you don't think Strelka should be in the list- then you gotta start explaining while not Strelka and you leave Robbo, Ivanhoe, DeepSaros- even Houdini. Some people suspect Critter. At times I think another in the top 10 that NO ONE ever mentions has way way too many draws ag. all the Ivanhoes it plays on my machines. When you get over 30 draws in a 50 game match- over and over, something starts smelling fishy.I don't even make those PGNs public. With all the Ivanhoes as open source, how many new releases with closed source codes do you think are full of Ivanhoe? I didn't say- I just asked you what you think.

It's a hell of a mess is what it is. But all I can do is take the stance if they release it, I will test it. I can't deal with the headaches.

And remember, you got at least 16 Ivanhoes that Shredder,Hiarcs, Fritz and Junior stand no chance ag. And neither do Komodo, Stockfish and Rybka.

And I did not even mention Fire 2.2 x64. I seriously doubt the used to be native chessbase engines could play with it either.

Wouldn't be such a problem for them if they were not commercial. I don't have the time with only 6 cores to test them all. I haven't had time to run a Hiarcs or Shredder in 2 years.

Like a tarbaby- the more you try to shed them- the more they stick to you. They are sprouting, hatching........................ :roll: :roll:

Yipes, one just bit me on the ass- I'm outta here!

gts
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Missing 50 engines , at least !

Post by Sylwy »

geots wrote:...............about 25 Ivanhoe versions ........................
Hello Mr. Georges !

Only 25 ? Missing for sure some settings permutations ! More, you haven't the best version of Ivan . This version is a full CCRL ELO point (1-one) over the best version you have tested.
Tоварищ Izak persecuted you ! :lol:
+ Tankist, Punkist , Vodkist , Reformist , Sweet Black Mamba Malagamba ...........................................................

I heard a DOS version of Ivan is ready !

Have the supreme Monday test !

SilvianR :wink:
geots

Post by geots »

Sylwy wrote:
geots wrote:...............about 25 Ivanhoe versions ........................
Hello Mr. Georges !

Only 25 ? Missing for sure some settings permutations ! More, you haven't the best version of Ivan . This version is a full CCRL ELO point (1-one) over the best version you have tested.
Tоварищ Izak persecuted you ! :lol:
+ Tankist, Punkist , Vodkist , Reformist , Sweet Black Mamba Malagamba ...........................................................

I heard a DOS version of Ivan is ready !

Have the supreme Monday test !

SilvianR :wink:

As you know, no one down here has a version close to the ones I am testing. But you know that, and it aint April the 1st.

gts :wink:
geots

Post by geots »

I just realized you said 9.46h was a whole entire point ahead of my best. I didn't realize that. My apologies and I take back what I said. I just can't manage to pick up a whole point. Maybe if it was half a point I might attempt it.

gts :roll: 8-) :lol: