Stockfish mobile benchmarks

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

h1a8

Stockfish mobile benchmarks

Post by h1a8 »

Can you guys post your benchmarks (avg kn/s for starting position) for Stockfish for various mobile devices.

I have Ipod touch 2nd gen and stockfish on glaurung 2.1 gets about 16.5kn/s after a 1min.
I have a Samsung Vibrant and stockfish 1.91 on Droidfish avgs about 111 kn/s after 1min.
I've messed with a Iphone 4 but vaguely remember the benchmark was from 140-150kn/s (I'm 80% sure though).

Can someone post for other mobile devices (like evo, epic, hd2, iphone 4 and 3gs, etc.)
Cubeman

Re: Stockfish mobile benchmarks

Post by Cubeman »

I have ipod touch 4 and Glaurung 2.1 peaks at about 78000 n/s after about 1 minute.If I remember from other forum that Tord himself only claimed about 75000 n/s using Iphone4 not sure how long he left it thinking for.
I am interested in the performance of the Samsung Vibrant you have, Does it run Android 2.2(Froyo) or Android 2.1 (Eclair).
There are now a few mobile versions floating around and they each have different speeds.
Tord Romstad

Post by Tord Romstad »

Cubeman wrote:I have ipod touch 4 and Glaurung 2.1 peaks at about 78000 n/s after about 1 minute.If I remember from other forum that Tord himself only claimed about 75000 n/s using Iphone4 not sure how long he left it thinking for.
I think that number was for the previous version (Glaurung 2.0, which used SF 1.7.1 as the engine). Glaurung 2.1, which uses SF 1.8, is a little faster. on my iPhone 4 it searches about 82 kN/s from the opening position.

I finally bought myself an iPad during a business trip to London this week (it's still not available for sale here in Norway), and will start working on an iPad GUI this weekend. I expect the speed to be the same as on the iPhone 4.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Tord,

it's possible to create a Stockfish version for CEboard or Pocket Grandmaster?

Best
Frank
luisrodg

Post by luisrodg »

Stockfish 1.9.1 on DroidFish does 19k nodes per sec on my HTC Hero (overclocked to to 691 MHz from stock 528 MHz)
B.S. in Mathematics
M.S. in Mathematics
Ph.D student in Mathematics.
Steve Maughan

Post by Steve Maughan »

Hi Tord,
Tord Romstad wrote: I finally bought myself an iPad during a business trip to London this week (it's still not available for sale here in Norway), and will start working on an iPad GUI this weekend. I expect the speed to be the same as on the iPhone 4.
Great news! I don't have an iPad (yet!) but I have played around with one. I think it's really quite revolutionary in that it's an ideal device for relaxing with on the couch. I'm sure Glaurung for the iPad will be wonderfully successful. I hope you charge something for it - at least $0.99.

Cheers,

Steve
luisrodg

Post by luisrodg »

Yes please charge something. We want to support you.

I will buy it as soon as you release it for the ipad.
B.S. in Mathematics
M.S. in Mathematics
Ph.D student in Mathematics.
JManion

Post by JManion »

I have a samsung epic running at 1.3 ghz.

After a minute i got 141,000 nps
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

JManion wrote:I have a samsung epic running at 1.3 ghz.

After a minute i got 141,000 nps
What version of Stockfish are you running and what version of Android does the Samsung Epic run.And also what processor does your Epic have, specs online say that it is a 1ghz Hummingbird processor.
Tord Romstad

Post by Tord Romstad »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Tord,

it's possible to create a Stockfish version for CEboard or Pocket Grandmaster?
I'm sure it is -- the source code should be easily portable to all platforms. CEboard and Pocket GM are Windows mobile programs, right? If they are, I can't help you myself, but porting the program is probably an easy task for anyone with basic Windows mobile programming skills.