New Vitruvius Version vs. Rybka 4.1

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

New Vitruvius Version vs. Rybka 4.1

Post by geots »

Vitruvius_1.01C_x32 vs. Rybka 4.1 w32

1CPU/32bit
128MB hash
Bases=NONE (Rybka 4.1 used Nalimov)
Ponder_Learning=OFF
Perfect 12.32 book w/12-move limit
40/3 Repeating
Match=50 games

Code: Select all

1   Vitruvius_1.01C_x32  +21  +14/-11/=25   53.00%   26.5/50
2   Rybka 4.1 w32        -21  +11/-14/=25   47.00%   23.5/50

Compared to the engines near the top, Rybka 4.1 is ancient. But she has not forgotten how to play one hell of a good match.

I enjoyed watching a bit of this one! Rybka may have been overmatched, but someone forgot to tell her.

The cubby-hole waits-

g
e
o
r
g
e
gleperlier

Re: New Vitruvius Version vs. Rybka 4.1

Post by gleperlier »

Hi all,

Here is quite the same match but in 30 Minutes KO with x64 engines.

2CPU
1024MB hash
Bases=3-4-5
Ponder=ON
Learing=OFF
Own book.
30 minutes KO
Match=10 games

Code: Select all

i7-2670QM, Blitz 30m  0

1   Vitruvius_1.01C_HEM_x64    +35   101½½½½½½½   5.5/10
2   Deep Rybka 4.1 SSE42 x64   -35  010½½½½½½½    4.5/10
The two engines are really really close but Vitrivius won.

Best wishes,

Gab
FriedmannC

Post by FriedmannC »

Hi, please post a pgn of the games. All the best!
gleperlier

Post by gleperlier »

How to post a PGN here ?

Best wishes

Gab
FriedmannC

Post by FriedmannC »

Unfortunately I don't know :( a link to download the games or even copy paste them here :) Best regards!
geots

Post by geots »

FriedmannC wrote:Unfortunately I don't know :( a link to download the games or even copy paste them here :) Best regards!

I realize that you were talking to Gab and not me, so I am not really sure which games or matches that you would like to have the PGNs from. When I was testing with CCRL, it was much easier, because I had a site with a link to attached PGNs.

I have run all these Vitruvius 50-game matches with 32bit 1CPU. They are here on this page and the previous page.

I have told everyone that any PGNs you would like from any of my matches- I will get to you. All you need to do is PM me here- and either I will give you my email address- you can mail me and tell me which match PGNs you would like, and I will reply with the file attached in zip or rar.- or you can just tell me in the PM your address and which PGNs you would like, and I will immediately stop what I might be doing and get them to you.

Sometime next week, hopefully early in the week, I will have everything switched to my new 64bit quad- and I will be able to add 64bit single and MP to my 32bit testing.

Anytime, any match- the PGNs are available for you and all others. Just follow above instructions. Understand that I am in the USA- central standard time- so for many there will be a time difference issue. I may have just gone to bed when I get a request, and won't see it till I get back online. Other times it will be taken care of very quickly.

So for reasons such as these, I say to be fair that barring anything unforseen- after your request you will receive them within 24 hours. But sometimes much sooner. I had thought about dropbox, but an email address is something everyone has.

The only thing I ask in return is that when a person receives them, he just reply back confirming he received them, so I won't wonder and worry about it. But even that is not any kind of hard and fast rule that must be followed. And once I have your address, you could just tell me in a thread here what you want.

If for any reason between "zip" or "rar" attachment, you have a preference of one instead of the other- please be sure to tell me.

Best,

george
gleperlier

Post by gleperlier »

George,
you can also send my PGNs if you have a request. I am not mat home.
Best wishes,
Gab