Komodo 32 bit

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Don

Komodo 32 bit

Post by Don »

Komodo 5 for 32 bit has been released. Also the web site has been changed to allow downloading directly from the site, the email system was not working reliably.

Anyone ordering Komodo 5 as of about an hour ago will automatically get a zip file tarball with the 32 bit binaries included when they order and then download.

I have sent out email to every Komodo 5 customer with a temporary link - I would like to know if anyone who ordered Komodo 5 did NOT get that email - I have a list of email address I can compare to.

If anyone needs the 32 bit binary and has been unable to obtain it for any reason, just send me an email and we will update you - this assumes you are already a komodo 5 customer of course.

If you did not use the commerce site to obtain Komodo then you probably won't get an email, you will have to contact me directly.

My email is dailey.don@gmail.com
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
lkaufman

Re: Komodo 32 bit

Post by lkaufman »

We discovered that the 32 bit version does not work properly at all on SSE4 machines; it may or may not be ok on older machines. We should have a corrected version out fairly soon. In the meantime, anyone testing the 32 bit version should stop and wait for the corrected version.
ZirconiumX

Post by ZirconiumX »

lkaufman wrote:We discovered that the 32 bit version does not work properly at all on SSE4 machines; it may or may not be ok on older machines. We should have a corrected version out fairly soon. In the meantime, anyone testing the 32 bit version should stop and wait for the corrected version.
Your komodo compiles are going along great!

*sarcasm*

Matthew:out
Some believe in the almighty dollar.

I believe in the almighty printf statement.
Don

Post by Don »

ZirconiumX wrote:
lkaufman wrote:We discovered that the 32 bit version does not work properly at all on SSE4 machines; it may or may not be ok on older machines. We should have a corrected version out fairly soon. In the meantime, anyone testing the 32 bit version should stop and wait for the corrected version.
I'm having a lot of trouble with the 6502 and z80 compiles too.

*sarcasm*

Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
ZirconiumX

Post by ZirconiumX »

Don wrote:
ZirconiumX wrote:
I'm having a lot of trouble with the 6502 and z80 compiles too.

*sarcasm*

Shucks!

So how long until I get compiles for my speccy?

Ron Langeveld

Post by Ron Langeveld »

ZirconiumX wrote:

*sarcasm*

Not that I pretend to know the answer, but have you ever asked yourself the question what would be a cost efficient upgrade ?

a) upgrade 32 bit Komodo 4 to 32 bit Komodo 5, or
b) upgrade from 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS (even though performance gain varies from engine to engine)

From your posts I presume you have 32 bit hardware. If not then a little less sarcasm would probably be appreciated not only by Don and Larry but by others as well. Maybe you like to be that 32 bit beta tester ?

Ron
Hood

Post by Hood »

You can not upgrade to 64b OS on 32b hardware :(
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
ZirconiumX

Post by ZirconiumX »

Ron Langeveld wrote:
ZirconiumX wrote:

*sarcasm*

Not that I pretend to know the answer, but have you ever asked yourself the question what would be a cost efficient upgrade ?

a) upgrade 32 bit Komodo 4 to 32 bit Komodo 5, or
b) upgrade from 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS (even though performance gain varies from engine to engine)

From your posts I presume you have 32 bit hardware. If not then a little less sarcasm would probably be appreciated not only by Don and Larry but by others as well. Maybe you like to be that 32 bit beta tester ?

Ron
Nothing modern supports my hardware; and unless Don and Larry make a RasPi compile, I'm pretty stuffed. So I'm trying to be cheerful, and failing miserably.

I admitit, I need better hardware, but in this economic crisis, there is no hope. A boy can dream though...

Hood

Post by Hood »

If there is the problem with cross-compiler may be it would be enough to compile source on 32b system ?

rgds Hood
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
Don

Post by Don »

Hood wrote:If there is the problem with cross-compiler may be it would be enough to compile source on 32b system ?

rgds Hood
It's not a problem, I can produce a 32 bit version quickly. But I want to produce a 32 bit version that is not any slower than it has to be - so I am checking a few things.