OICS: Sad Update But Perhaps Promising?

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jshriver

OICS: Sad Update But Perhaps Promising?

Post by jshriver »

Today I lost my job! While my savings, and if need be 401k will keep me at least w/ shelter and ramen till Spring. Felt I needed to make this post.

OICS, CGOS (computer go server), as well as the torrent site are pre-paid for 2 months. However after that, unless I get a job soon I will have to terminate my hosting contract.

I've been running this site, offering to host, (personal site) as well as individual files, either in bulk or now (via mega bulk) via the semi-new torrent site.

Anyways, I regretfully ask for donations! I'm truly glad, I rustled the migration beast when I did. Honestly right now. I pay about $5 a month to run/host the OICS site (olmypushcess.com is completely diff, but I have DNS set to my VM for oics/cgos/torrent).

Anyway, $5 might not sound like much but when you have no job, and 0 income pending, it gets a lil tight.

If anyone, wants to donate please feel free to send paypal to jshriver@gmail.com all proceeds go strictly to the $5/month hosting cost.

I also take cryptocoin:
BTC: 1MJFTtQXKxaw35Dprun5YnRW92oNYBZrP6
Blackcoin: BLKLUvuQGWFX9obxssLq912w7WoXeZLCgX
Dogecoin: DH4nN1PpXFK88usESFCZCN8mQvWhquipcn

Honestly if you have ANY crypto willing to donate, PM me I prob have a wallet for it and will accept it graciously!

-Josh
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Re: OICS: Sad Update But Perhaps Promising?

Post by mar »

jshriver wrote:Today I lost my job! While my savings, and if need be 401k will keep me at least w/ shelter and ramen till Spring. Felt I needed to make this post.
It's sad that you lost your job and I hope you find a new one,
but do I read correctly that your savings is 401k dollars?
I could live for 33 years from that here in Czech rep.
Wasn't it a typo perhaps you meant 40k? Sorry just curious.
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

Ah 401k is a term for retirement fund. Cashing mine out to smooth the financial responsibility till I find work.

I was panicking a bit when I wrote this post. The PM's and support has been very nice! Appreciate it everyone.

Just time to buckle down and open a new chapter in my life. Anyway, as always plan to keep these services up as long as possible and with community help now it's a lot easier. Thanks again!
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

jshriver wrote:Ah 401k is a term for retirement fund.
Oops :oops: I see, stupid me. Sorry.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

mar wrote:
jshriver wrote:Ah 401k is a term for retirement fund.
Oops :oops: I see, stupid me. Sorry.
Not stupid---bad notation :D .

It's often written 401(k), which is supposed to avoid confusion with 401000.

By the way, 401k ≈ $90000, at least according to http://www.fidelity.com/inside-fidelity ... ly-doubles