TCEC season 9 : more challenger for Komodo and Stockfish ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

JJJ

TCEC season 9 : more challenger for Komodo and Stockfish ?

Post by JJJ »

I quote the TCEC facebook page :

[ Hiarcs and Shredder will participate with brand new versions in Season 9, that starts right after Season 8. Other two engines, that we will keep secret for now, will also submit code that they expect to be "revolutionary" ]

So, can we expect to see some engine reaching the level of Stockfish or Komodo ?
cdani

Re: TCEC season 9 : more challenger for Komodo and Stockfish

Post by cdani »

JJJ wrote:I quote the TCEC facebook page :

[ Hiarcs and Shredder will participate with brand new versions in Season 9, that starts right after Season 8. Other two engines, that we will keep secret for now, will also submit code that they expect to be "revolutionary" ]

So, can we expect to see some engine reaching the level of Stockfish or Komodo ?
Or winning them? Why not :-)
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

cdani wrote:
JJJ wrote:I quote the TCEC facebook page :

Or winning them? Why not :-)

8-)
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

JJJ wrote:So, can we expect to see some engine reaching the level of Stockfish or Komodo ?
Getting closer? Sure thing. Catching them? I doubt it.