Fritz 16

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Fritz 16

Post by fern »

I was informed by an employee of CB that F16 will be in the shells in November.
Trying now to know who the programmer is, same as in F15 or what.

Fern
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Re: Fritz 16

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Jeroen posted something in RybkaForum Amazon in the past just copied text from earlier releases by Chessbase I believe, and they are a bit early with the advertisement. So it is a bit unlikely really since we have heard so little from Vas. His car was spotted once in Canada But that is about it... Not impossible but a bit unlikely still it is Vas' program.

The image for the cover looks new though and he text still says Vas Rajlich with new multiprocessor program. Dutch text here It has emoticons, that is something for you Fernando 8-) 28 November release.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

Fern,

programmer it's for sure Vasik R.

see my posting here http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... ht=#732638
fern

Post by fern »

I have no idea about F16 destiny and I do not care. In fact, I did not even ask for info about that, but after a debate with CB people, which were incapable of supplying me with F14, which I wanted due to the Horvath program, they by themselves sent me today a very short mail with that novelty.
In fact, I am not interested in vasik programming as much I have enough by him. I have been lastly playing old dos engines and that is what gives me a thrill, not new 3300 elo and always the same crushing thing and the same boring GUI.

my best
Fern
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

SzG wrote:From an engine tester point of view, F13 was the last Fritz that met my needs. Newer ones do not have support for old .eng CB engines and they have messed up the engine tournament interface.
And while it is still Rybka, I am not interested in the Fritz engine itself.
Completely agree. Dropping backwards compatibility with .eng programs is a deal breaker.

I need Junior 7, Fritz 10, Hiarcs 8 Bareev and ChessTiger 14! :lol:
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

No chess960 support means it doesn't meet my needs either. That despite the fact that Rybka did support chess960. I certainly won't buy Fritz 16 if that support is missing.