TCEC 10

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dann Corbit

Re: TCEC 10

Post by Dann Corbit »

jhellis3 wrote:
No matter what format you choose or how many games you play two of the top three engines among Houdini, Stockfish, Komodo are going to advance and the format chosen will not change that.
Strawman.
As for a knockout tournament, you won't be able to reverse the books.
Um... yes you can. If you had actually bothered to read what I wrote before responding.... you might have noticed I said have each of the 2 engine pairs play a 10 opening match with 20 games total. Hmmm.... I wonder why that could possibly be. To repeat those 10 openings perhaps?
Need I say more?
Not if you are going to keep posting drivel like that.
If you say so. A knockout tournament is a truly horrible format for a championship.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
gotogo

Post by gotogo »

Still not fair and it isn't over! Without the 3rd competition with just the top 4 it makes this years tcec the worst of all! Booot never should have advanced! Tcec does what it wants and screw you for complaining! Ban you if you have a mind that differs from the narrative!
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

gotogo wrote:Still not fair and it isn't over! Without the 3rd competition with just the top 4 it makes this years tcec the worst of all!
Perhaps that is why more than 1000 people have been watching the games live at one time. They enjoy being disappointed.
Booot never should have advanced! Tcec does what it wants and screw you for complaining! Ban you if you have a mind that differs from the narrative!
Booot advanced because it scored more according to the contest rules.
Of course, if you would like to see it done another way, (e.g. engines which score less advance) you are free to create your own contest and show them how it is done. I think it might be nearly as wildly popular as "The ARB method for lying about how to play chess!" Everyone's clamoring to see that, aren't they?

Generally speaking, you have to be a real whinging twit to get banned from TCEC. Actually, worse than that because I am a whinging twit and I have not managed to get banned in several years of kibitzing.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
jhellis3

Post by jhellis3 »

A knockout tournament is a truly horrible format for a championship.
Yeah, the NFL, NBA, NCAA, MLB, NHL, FIFA, Snooker, Martial Arts, Tennis, Cricket, Lacrosse, Rugby, etc.... have no idea what they are doing. Obviously.

Oh, let's not leave out e-sports... LoL, Dota, SC, Overwatch, Counterstrike, Hearthstone, HoTS, SSMB, etc... also have no idea what they are doing. Obviously.

But it gets better. The superfinal itself is just a 1 round knockout tournament. Clearly a terrible idea. The winner of the event should just be the winner of the RR. No super-final required. :roll:
Last edited by jhellis3 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

gotogo wrote:Still not fair and it isn't over! Without the 3rd competition with just the top 4 it makes this years tcec the worst of all! Booot never should have advanced! Tcec does what it wants and screw you for complaining! Ban you if you have a mind that differs from the narrative!
Anthony - you do stick out like a sore thumb , if you're going to have a dual/split personality, it would work better if you made them a little different ( if not, a lot different).

Later..
op12no2
Full name: Colin Jenkins

Post by op12no2 »

There are two donation links. A chessdom paypal one on the front page and a twitch one linked to in chat now and again. To the organisers or anybody else that knows: which is preferred, if any? I did ask in the chat but if there was a reply I missed it.

I am enjoying watching very much (first time), especially moments like Komodo's queen sacrifice in game 89; fab stuff.
gotogo

Post by gotogo »

Dan boy I see in the local Redmond news lots of crazies!
Is there something going on there that is making ppl nuts?
Are you sure you have not been affected?
Maybe the next quake will rattle your brain some more!

You like others mostly dems are out for a witch hunt!
I guess the secret of arb haunts you and your other freckly faced friends!
If you want to maintain the notion I am ARB that is your opinion you may do so!
You can get any of your freckle faced friends to agree if you want won't change anything!
It's amusing to see just how obsessed you and your freckly faced friends are with your unknown friend arb. I did notice your freckles are getting bigger!
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

MikeB wrote:
gotogo wrote:Still not fair and it isn't over! Without the 3rd competition with just the top 4 it makes this years tcec the worst of all! Booot never should have advanced! Tcec does what it wants and screw you for complaining! Ban you if you have a mind that differs from the narrative!
Anthony - you do stick out like a sore thumb , if you're going to have a dual/split personality, it would work better if you made them a little different ( if not, a lot different).

Later..
ARB has 10+ personalities, each crazier than the next.
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

op12no2 wrote:There are two donation links. A chessdom paypal one on the front page and a twitch one linked to in chat now and again. To the organisers or anybody else that knows: which is preferred, if any? I did ask in the chat but if there was a reply I missed it.

I am enjoying watching very much (first time), especially moments like Komodo's queen sacrifice in game 89; fab stuff.
I would use the one being advertised on Twitch.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

[Moderation] Please keep things (more) civilized, so that I don't have to interfere.