Internet Chess Courses

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Internet Chess Courses

Post by fern »

If you go to youtube you find literally dozens of chess courses given by FM, GM, men, women, etc, all of them giving a free demo over there. Of course almost all of them looks interesting and even funny sometimes, but, which is the best?
Opinions please.
I still try to get my chess from more or less 2000-2100, my current level, to 2300 or so.
And i am planning giving to me one of them as a Xmas gift.

Fern
Henk

Re: Internet Chess Courses

Post by Henk »

No one gets a free copy of Skipper. Although winning from Skipper makes you think you posess super (chess) powers.
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

fern wrote:If you go to youtube you find literally dozens of chess courses given by FM, GM, men, women, etc, all of them giving a free demo over there. Of course almost all of them looks interesting and even funny sometimes, but, which is the best?
Opinions please.
I still try to get my chess from more or less 2000-2100, my current level, to 2300 or so.
And i am planning giving to me one of them as a Xmas gift.

Fern
"What it takes to be a GM" By Andrew Soltice looks like a great book.
However "What it takes to become a master" might be easier to follow but i didn't get that one as well as it was too expensive to buy both. But judging by the GM one, the M one might be great!

Over the internet?
Didn't Smirnoff give some great courses?
Isn't that Oleg?
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

I have done a lot of work with iChess (more on the marketing side) and can tell you that their GM Smirnov courses (of which I've had to review ALL of them) are EXCELLENT.

https://www.ichess.net/product-category ... r-smirnov/

If I were serious about chess improvement still, that's where I'd start.

Buy it with good timing and you'll get a nice discount too.

If you like, I'll ask the guys if they're planning any big coupon deals coming up?

:wink: