ChessUSA.com TalkChess.com
Hosted by Your Move Chess & Games

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One idea to solve chess?
Post new topic    TalkChess.com Forum Index -> Computer Chess Club: Programming and Technical Discussions Flat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario Carbonell Martinez

PostPost subject: One idea to solve chess?    Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:12 pm Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi all Very Happy,

Let introduce me, I made a chess program in the 90s and organized one Spanish Computer Chess championship in Valencia, my city. Worked as an AI programmer in the videogame industry some years, and now on the internet sector.

The recent games by DeepMind AlphaZero vs Stockfish has renowned my interest in computer chess and machine learning. I wanted to share and idea with you:

Suppose we could train a neural network with enough capacity to predict with 100% accuracy all 7 or 6 or 5 men endgame tablebases.

That could be an interesting experiment in itself, can we build a neural network that could act as a compression mechanism for some chess tablebase and give exactly the same result?

If the answer is yes, we are no longer restricted by the size of the tablebases and can obtain the same perfect result.

If we could add more men to the tablebases, and compress the perfect data in a neural network, in theory we could to this until we arrive to the 32 final men tablebase.

Sure, this is out of reach of todays technology, but who knows in the future?

What to you think?

Regards,
Subject Author Date/Time
One idea to solve chess? Mario Carbonell Martinez Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:12 pm
      Re: One idea to solve chess? Robin Messemer Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:33 pm
            Re: One idea to solve chess? Mario Carbonell Martinez Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:12 pm
                  Re: One idea to solve chess? Robin Messemer Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:19 pm
                        Re: One idea to solve chess? Mario Carbonell Martinez Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:38 pm
                              Re: One idea to solve chess? Robin Messemer Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 pm
                              Re: One idea to solve chess? Ronald de Man Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:26 pm
                                    Re: One idea to solve chess? Álvaro Begué Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:44 pm
                                          Re: One idea to solve chess? Ronald de Man Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:42 pm
      Re: One idea to solve chess? Evert Glebbeek Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:41 pm
      Re: One idea to solve chess? Greg Simpson Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 pm
      Re: One idea to solve chess? Michael Sherwin Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:57 pm
Post new topic    TalkChess.com Forum Index -> Computer Chess Club: Programming and Technical Discussions

Jump to: