2nd Crazyhouse Computer Championships 2017

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jhellis3

Re: 2nd Crazyhouse Computer Championships 2017

Post by jhellis3 »

It would be nice. I imagine beating SF 95-5 in Zh might shut some people up. Then again hopeless trolls are just that.
Fabian Fichter

Post by Fabian Fichter »

It will be interesting to see whether CrazyWa can challenge the top 3 seeds of the candidates. Do you have a new version of Imortal for the tournament?

For the final, I would suggest to use the last release https://github.com/niklasf/Stockfish/re ... net-071017 of Stockfish that is used for about two months now on lichess, so it should be stable. I will check with Daniel Dugovic whether he agrees.
IanO wrote:Send a special invitation to DeepMind, they might surprise us all! :twisted:
AlphaZero Crazyhouse would be awesome. It would probably beat Stockfish by quite a margin considering the amount of effort that has been put into development of chess and shogi engines compared to crazyhouse.
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

IanO wrote:Send a special invitation to DeepMind, they might surprise us all! :twisted:
Yeah, that would be great to get some test games at vert high level !!
ZH opening books still so weak now !
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Fabian Fichter wrote:It will be interesting to see whether CrazyWa can challenge the top 3 seeds of the candidates.
It won't. I have not done any work on it whatsoever, the past year. And if I would find some time to work on it, it would be used for implementing Kyoto Shogi, not for improving Crazyhouse.
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

AlphaZero Crazyhouse would be awesome. It would probably beat Stockfish by quite a margin considering the amount of effort that has been put into development of chess and shogi engines compared to crazyhouse.
NebiyuAlien can use MCTS for crazyhouse in this tournament. All I need to beat Stockfish is alpha's awesome NN for move selection and evaluation...
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Fabian Fichter wrote:Do you have a new version of Imortal for the tournament?
I have.
For the final, I would suggest to use the last release https://github.com/niklasf/Stockfish/re ... net-071017 of Stockfish that is used for about two months now on lichess, so it should be stable. I will check with Daniel Dugovic whether he agrees.
That is good stable engine is important to avoid stopping the running tour unnecessarily.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

:) they already tried shogi, but maybe zh later.
Toadofsky

Post by Toadofsky »

Best of luck to all participants! Thanks again to Ferdinand Mosca for running these excellent events!
(Fabian did check with me and I agree with that release. Presumably we will use setting "Move Overhead=1000" which I believe Stockfish used in TCEC.)

Incidentally, Lichess is releasing a broadcast (beta) site where viewers can discuss live tournament games! Were it feasible (for the live PGN to be hosted on any web server so Lichess could poll & broadcast the games) I (~2000) and probably others would be glad to livestream commentary outside of working hours.
Fabian Fichter wrote:It will be interesting to see whether CrazyWa can challenge the top 3 seeds of the candidates. Do you have a new version of Imortal for the tournament?

Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Toadofsky wrote:Best of luck to all participants! Thanks again to Ferdinand Mosca for running these excellent events!
(Fabian did check with me and I agree with that release. Presumably we will use setting "Move Overhead=1000" which I believe Stockfish used in TCEC.)

Incidentally, Lichess is releasing a broadcast (beta) site where viewers can discuss live tournament games! Were it feasible (for the live PGN to be hosted on any web server so Lichess could poll & broadcast the games) I (~2000) and probably others would be glad to livestream commentary outside of working hours.
Fabian Fichter wrote:It will be interesting to see whether CrazyWa can challenge the top 3 seeds of the candidates. Do you have a new version of Imortal for the tournament?

All right then I will use sf-zh-fishnet-071017, and set Move Overhead to 1000, the same setting I used in 2016.

Broadcast would be very interesting, I don't know if google drive can be used to save and update the pgn there (I am searching for software that will automatically send the pgn in my drive to my google drive account), and if lichess can get the pgn from game link that I will supply. I am using cutechess-gui to run most of the games. I am not sure if cutechess-gui will save the move in a file after every move.
Toadofsky

Post by Toadofsky »

Ferdy wrote:Broadcast would be very interesting, I don't know if google drive can be used to save and update the pgn there (I am searching for software that will automatically send the pgn in my drive to my google drive account), and if lichess can get the pgn from game link that I will supply. I am using cutechess-gui to run most of the games. I am not sure if cutechess-gui will save the move in a file after every move.
Thanks. Using Google Drive (and cutechess-cli with PGN [not FEN] opening book) I have created a Sunsetter - Stockfish 5+5 Challenge broadcast. Unfortunately there is no known way (yet) to force cutechess-cli to emit moves before a game has concluded, but broadcasted games may still be analyzed on the Lichess site.