OpenTal 1.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

PK

OpenTal 1.1

Post by PK »

Is available at http://www.pkoziol.cal24.pl/opental/

Evaluation function has not changed, so you get the same wild play as usual.

Program's name does not contain slashes any more, and a bit less of debug info will be displayed. Perhaps it will help with Fritz GUI, I don't know for sure.

There is one search improvement, namely singular extension, which may improve tactical vision whenever there is just one good move.

And there is one important usability improvement - namely multi-pv search, up to 12 lines.

Sadly I cannot provide version for Windows-XP any more, and the same goes for Rodent - usually I did this using MSVC 2010, and current codebase is written in C-14, which is a newer standard.

Enjoy!
Robert Flesher

Re: OpenTal 1.1

Post by Robert Flesher »

PK wrote:Is available at http://www.pkoziol.cal24.pl/opental/

Program's name does not contain slashes any more, and a bit less of debug info will be displayed. Perhaps it will help with Fritz GUI, I don't know for sure.

There is one search improvement, namely singular extension, which may improve tactical vision whenever there is just one good move.

And there is one important usability improvement - namely multi-pv search, up to 12 lines.

Sadly I cannot provide version for Windows-XP any more, and the same goes for Rodent - usually I did this using MSVC 2010, and current codebase is written in C-14, which is a newer standard.

Enjoy!

The damned thing is already crushing me and now you made him stronger! Time to hit the books :)
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

PK wrote:And there is one important usability improvement - namely multi-pv search, up to 12 lines.
Thanks! Wished more engine developers added such features currently missing in lots of engines 8-)
PK

Post by PK »

It's "stronger" by 5-10 Elo only. I basically needed to copy recent Rodent search in extenso, because introducing multi-pv changes one by one would take much longer. Singular extension just sat there, waiting.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

PK wrote:It's "stronger" by 5-10 Elo only. I basically needed to copy recent Rodent search in extenso, because introducing multi-pv changes one by one would take much longer. Singular extension just sat there, waiting.

Only 5-10 elo!! Is the same as an extra bullet in the gun when playing this monster. :shock: Good thing my book knowledge is pretty vast, so I get an edge out of most openings. Not that doing so helps in 98% of the games! Thanks for all your hard work. For analysis I use the top engines, but for playing, these types of engines cannot be beat. IMHO
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Enjoy!
MultiPV with OpenTal? Analysis of my games just got very interesting! :)

Thanks Pawel!
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

I has problems with 1.0 loading book, but 1.1 runs fine. No issues, I am using the Shredder GUI. Thank You.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Thanks Pawel for this new version. You are doing amazing work so far. :) :) :D
fern

Post by fern »

Imagen how I feel NOT knowing almost nothing of openings, I never had the will to such an arid thing as studying that stuff, so...I am lost almost at the second move.

Tal laugh at me regards
Fern
supersharp77

Re: OpenTal 1.1..& Rodent..Tests on hold until later in

Post by supersharp77 »

And there is one important usability improvement - namely multi-pv search

**Sadly I cannot provide version for Windows-XP any more, and the same goes for Rodent - usually I did this using MSVC 2010, and current codebase is written in C-14, which is a newer standard.**

Enjoy!
Had some wild and interesting tests set up on Lokasoft and Shredder gui's
featuring OpenTal 1 and engines such as Junior..Shredder..Amundsen
King..Wasp Prodeo Nimzo..Zappa Brutus and Boot etc...Rodent and OpenTal testing on hold until hardware upgrade later in 2018.. AR :D :wink: