What is New in Toga II 1.3x4?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: What is New in Toga II 1.3x4?

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Take a look here and figure out for yourself why Pavel is testing with suspecious conditions and not to talk about the odd opening books he's using....
Of course I don't have anything personaly against him,but we should take a close look at everything which the testers offer us as results and conclusions.....

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 24&start=0
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Of course I don't have anything personaly against him,but we should take a close look at everything which the testers offer us as results and conclusions.....
you can download the games. so anybody can make up his own mind by replaying the data.
mclane

Post by mclane »

what about these results:

looks impressive too:

http://f50.parsimony.net/forum202220/messages/22668.htm
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

And by the way,how did you figure out that the Blueberry settings of Toga is weaker than the default?
Can you provide us with data confirming your conclusion?
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mclane wrote:what about these results:

looks impressive too:

By the way,the new Toga is a nemesis opponent for the LoopMP,I've noticed that looking at many test results....
Of course the new Toga is definitely strong but I've started to test it before 2 days so I can't say anything yet.....
mclane

Post by mclane »

so toga is a angst-opponent for loop and hiarcs.

wow.
together with my data where toga1.3x4 is also an angst-opponent for toga1.2.1a it seems to be that the new toga1.3x4 is an angst-opponent for many programs.

wouldn't that be an indicator that this program could be strong ?
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mclane wrote:so toga is a angst-opponent for loop and hiarcs.

wow.
together with my data where toga1.3x4 is also an angst-opponent for toga1.2.1a it seems to be that the new toga1.3x4 is an angst-opponent for many programs.

wouldn't that be an indicator that this program could be strong ?
Yes,this is what I tried to say,but the future will say more....
Denis P. Mendoza

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:What's wrong to show that an awesome commercial engine is tested wrong against another engine and that it's losing because of broken test conditions?
Where do you see the insult here.... :shock:
I think Dr. Wael Deeb has a point regarding his observation. Pavel"s tournament link here http://www.chesspraga.cz/engine-turn.htm will explain why he feels this way. Pavel uses a different method in matching engines. He usually uses opening books that may be an advantage to another, which should have been a neutral book to be fair. But I believe that Pavel's reasons are unintentional. Since he builds opening books for his favorite engines like Spike (for example), on his he gives it a special treatment on his matches to test how well his book performs on any opponent engine he matches.

I believe that opinions will vary from either side, depending on your point of view. It's still computerchess but on a different perspective. I hope people will cool down a little bit since each of us are as respectable in our own right
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Denis P. Mendoza wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:What's wrong to show that an awesome commercial engine is tested wrong against another engine and that it's losing because of broken test conditions?
Where do you see the insult here.... :shock:
I think Dr. Wael Deeb has a point regarding his observation. Pavel"s tournament link here http://www.chesspraga.cz/engine-turn.htm will explain why he feels this way. Pavel uses a different method in matching engines. He usually uses opening books that may be an advantage to another, which should have been a neutral book to be fair. But I believe that Pavel's reasons are unintentional. Since he builds opening books for his favorite engines like Spike (for example), on his he gives it a special treatment on his matches to test how well his book performs on any opponent engine he matches.

I believe that opinions will vary from either side, depending on your point of view. It's still computerchess but on a different perspective. I hope people will cool down a little bit since each of us are as respectable in our own right
Thank you sir for the constructive and logical point of view :D
mclane

Post by mclane »

maybe you both oversee the following:
Hiarcs 11.1UCI - Toga II 1.3x4/32 6.0:10.0 (1:5=10)
AMD Sempron 3000+, 128MB hash, 90m+30s, GUI Fritz 10, 5TB+EGBB.
download games here
Books: Hiarcs own, Toga change, new toga-ph-book.bin.
it says: Hiarcs 11.1UCI Book: Hiarcs own !

for hiarcs performance with using its own book its not important
which opening book he uses for toga.

the result of toga is impressive and the hardware he uses is old but since he plays 90'+30" it is serious data.

it remains that pavels data, my data and also the results from rudolf klamert
show that this new toga is a killer.
all on serious hardware.