For Dr. Wael Deeb

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

revengeska

For Dr. Wael Deeb

Post by revengeska »

Hi. I'm running Arena under Linux with Wine, and I downloaded your Arena book for Rybka yesterday. It works great, except I noticed that the "Win %" column shows 50 for every move in every line. Is this normal?
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: For Dr. Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Hi Sean,
Thanks for downlaoding and using the Rybka.abk :D
Yes,it's fully normal....What moves are going to play Rybka is depending on the "priority" and "number of games".....
Have fun,
Dr.Wael Deeb
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
cooldalek

Post by cooldalek »

BTW "Fear Less" doesn't mean anything. I think you mean to say "Fearless"
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

No,I mean the action word to fear less :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
cooldalek

Post by cooldalek »

fear less than what then?
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

It's an open statement and gives the right to your imagination to fly :D
revengeska

Post by revengeska »

Thanks for the response:)

Isn't it possible to issue values and then turn off having the engine choose moves based on win %? Just wondering, I think it's pretty useful to know the percentage of wins/losses/draws between engines, like what the *other* Rybka book has. In fact, it looks like it's off by default. Or is there something I'm not understanding right?

In any case, thanks for the book:) I haven't really gone through it alot yet, but I like what I see so far. I'm wondering if it's possible to import a .pgn file into a book that contains a bunch of games and use that, I suppose I should check it out. If so, I think I may boot up a couple instances of Rybka on my spare Pentium IV machine and go through some opening analysis via lots of games played on slower time controls.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Hi again,
Well,the concept of the opening book is based on the draw games played at high level nad using the priority system and the number of games as a scale for choosing the moves the engines is gonna make....
The third edition of the opening book is underway and I hope to release it this summer :D
Cheers,
Dr.Wael Deeb
revengeska

Post by revengeska »

So wins and losses didn't affect your decision to choose certain moves over others, just the number of drawn games?

I think I may be modding the book for my own use though. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing the 3rd version of the book. Thanks for taking the time to create something like this and release it free for everyone! I do greatly admire people who things like this.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

You welcome Sean :D