For Dr. Wael Deeb

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Re: For Dr. Wael Deeb

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Hi again,
Well,the concept of the opening book is based on the draw games played at high level nad using the priority system and the number of games as a scale for choosing the moves the engines is gonna make....
The third edition of the opening book is underway and I hope to release it this summer :D
Cheers,
Dr.Wael Deeb
Hi Dr Wael Deeb,

Thanks for making available your book for RomiChess! And thanks for this explaination of how it is supposed to work. I will now be able to make it work more like it was intended. I do have a question though, and that is how many percentage points of randomness should be given to the move count percentage before selecting a move? Or is there another formula that you envisioned for selecting random moves from your book?

Thanks,
Mike
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: For Dr. Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Hi again,
Well,the concept of the opening book is based on the draw games played at high level nad using the priority system and the number of games as a scale for choosing the moves the engines is gonna make....
The third edition of the opening book is underway and I hope to release it this summer :D
Cheers,
Dr.Wael Deeb
Hi Dr Wael Deeb,

Thanks for making available your book for RomiChess! And thanks for this explaination of how it is supposed to work. I will now be able to make it work more like it was intended. I do have a question though, and that is how many percentage points of randomness should be given to the move count percentage before selecting a move? Or is there another formula that you envisioned for selecting random moves from your book?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Michael,
Well,I've explained this bearing in mind the .abk format of my opening book under the Arena GUI :D
My advice is to calibrate your opening book using the pgn files I sent you depending on the number of games mainly from selecting the opening system and going deeper into the variation,hope this answer can help you reconstructing your opening book.....
BTW,the recent opening book is quite strong and if you make it stronger,I'll be pleased :D
Cheers,
Dr.Wael Deeb
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….