What is New in Toga II 1.3x4?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Re: Some more data to the fire :-)

Post by mclane »

of course you didn't know.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

mclane wrote:of course you didn't know.
Maybe due to the fact it isn't weak Thorsten :roll:
mclane

Post by mclane »

i am saying it is weaker than togaII1.3x4.

weak is relative.
what we can see from the tests in tournaments is, that togaII1.3x4 IS
capable to fight and stand the STRONGEST programs. while toga.2.1a is falling back and is NOT capable anymore to stand them.
Terry McCracken

mclane wrote:i am saying it is weaker than togaII1.3x4.

weak is relative.
what we can see from the tests in tournaments is, that togaII1.3x4 IS
capable to fight and stand the STRONGEST programs. while toga.2.1a is falling back and is NOT capable anymore to stand them.
Others are getting different results.

I'd say Toga II 1.3x4 is no more than 20 elo stronger than Toga II 1.2.1a.

Maybe this will change when it's out of the beta, or should I say alpha stage. :wink:
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

This is just one tournament.

But Thorsten, I noticed you've posted few results of your tournaments on your forum where both Toga 1.3x4 and Toga 1.2.1a participated. In none of the links you posted earlier in this thread were both Toga versions playing, only in of Tournament c http://f50.parsimony.net/forum200336/messages/8018.htm
but in the endresult you posted here Toga 1.2.1a has mysteriously disappeared... I hear some people already talking about "Thorsten's Togagate"... 8-)

And there is still the result of K3, it says Endstand at the bottom but at that point there was a big difference in the played number of games between the engines, so comparing was rather difficult, and this could not have been the Endresult? It was an interesting tournament because Toga Blueberry 0.93g5e was in it as well, although not doing very well... But how did it end Thorsten, please end the suspense! :)

http://f50.parsimony.net/forum200336/messages/8068.htm

Regards, Eelco
Terry McCracken

Eelco de Groot wrote:This is just one tournament.

But Thorsten, I noticed you've posted few results of your tournaments on your forum where both Toga 1.3x4 and Toga 1.2.1a participated. In none of the links you posted earlier in this thread were both Toga versions playing, only in of Tournament c http://f50.parsimony.net/forum200336/messages/8018.htm
but in the endresult you posted here Toga 1.2.1a has mysteriously disappeared... I hear some people already talking about "Thorsten's Togagate"... 8-)

And there is still the result of K3, it says Endstand at the bottom but at that point there was a big difference in the played number of games between the engines, so comparing was rather difficult, and this could not have been the Endresult? It was an interesting tournament because Toga Blueberry 0.93g5e was in it as well, although not doing very well... But how did it end Thorsten, please end the suspense! :)

http://f50.parsimony.net/forum200336/messages/8068.htm

Regards, Eelco
Togagate, very good Eelco :lol:

Thorsten doesn't like the Blueberry settings, he says they are too weak.

Terry
mclane

Post by mclane »

when the results showed that the gap between the 2 programs was to big, i throw out the redundant older versions to get more data from the more important ones.
the behaviour in those tournaments is so sure that you can reproduce it at any time.
mclane

Post by mclane »

when the blueberry setting stabilized as weaker than the default, i stopped testing.
Terry McCracken

mclane wrote:when the results showed that the gap between the 2 programs was to big, i throw out the redundant older versions to get more data from the more important ones.
the behaviour in those tournaments is so sure that you can reproduce it at any time.
It's not much stronger Thorsten, it was a mistake to discard it.
Terry McCracken

mclane wrote:when the blueberry setting stabilized as weaker than the default, i stopped testing.
How many games did you test this setting with?