Hiarcs FREE Legacy Site & A Prize on offer!!!

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

Re: Hiarcs FREE Legacy Site & A Prize on offer!!!

Post by Steve B »

Michael Sherwin wrote:

Keeping silent is a good way to go untill you can deliver OR you could have said; but, do not go to our web site expecting to find this stuff as none of it is there yet and everything would have been dandy! :)
Michael

in my initial post ..THIRD sentence i said clearly:

soon playable versions of earlier Hiarcs versions will be available for download so it would be wise to check back at the site early and often

so right from the getgo i indicated there were no playable versions yet
as this thread as Been viewed over 1000 times already and you are the ONLY one with this type of opinion i think its safe to say that you are overreacting and basically must have been so excited to hear about the site in the first place you didnt carefully read my post to begin with

you must be a great Hiarcs fan to get so excited and then so disappointed to the point that you read my post "Evelyn Woods "Style(Speed Reading Expert)

very strong emotions over Hiarcs Indeed!

but i can identify with these feelings when it comes to the old chess computers

if a thread would pop up here with someone offering a rare chess computer i was long searching for you can believe me i would not be so cool ,calm and collected either

:wink: Regards
Steve
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Steve B wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:

Keeping silent is a good way to go untill you can deliver OR you could have said; but, do not go to our web site expecting to find this stuff as none of it is there yet and everything would have been dandy! :)
Michael

in my initial post ..THIRD sentence i said clearly:

soon playable versions of earlier Hiarcs versions will be available for download so it would be wise to check back at the site early and often

so right from the getgo i indicated there were no playable versions yet
as this thread as Been viewed over 1000 times already and you are the ONLY one with this type of opinion i think its safe to say that you are overreacting and basically must have been so excited to hear about the site in the first place you didnt carefully read my post to begin with

you must be a great Hiarcs fan to get so excited and then so disappointed to the point that you read my post "Evelyn Woods "Style(Speed Reading Expert)

very strong emotions over Hiarcs Indeed!

but i can identify with these feelings when it comes to the old chess computers

if a thread would pop up here with someone offering a rare chess computer i was long searching for you can believe me i would not be so cool ,calm and collected either

:wink: Regards
Steve
Steve

My focus was never on the free versions, but, rather the offer of source code. You made a lot of assumtions (or was it sarcasm) in what you wrote above. I can make some assumptions too if I wanted to. Lets see, this thread was started in a programming forum where there are a lot of well, chess programmers, that would really like to see the source code to an early version of Hiarcs and would rush to a web site that might have that source code. Humm, do I dare assume that this was done intentionally just to get people to visit the web site and possibly purchase the product? It would not be the first time that something like that has been done. Or can I also assume that you are to naive to realize that this kind of thing happens?

I am not making those assumtions though as I really have no evidence that it was intentional on Harvey's part. And I prefer based on some of the post that I have read of his that he is beyound that kind of manipulation.

One thing that you are right about though is it really sucks when nobody else backs me up, so maybe I am just an idiot. OTOH maybe they think that there is enough to my argument that makes so many of them interested! Why keep coming back if my point of view has no validity? :wink:

I had stopped watching this topic and was not going to make any further responce, but darn it, you snookered me into it. :lol:

Mike
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

personally i think your reply is both paranoid and ridiculous
the initial post on this subject was made in the GENERAL forum by me

i will give you the last word on the subject because quite frankly i have no interest to keep up a dialogue with you about this nonsense or about anything else

Steve
Harvey Williamson

1981 Hiarcs - Here it is.

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Re: 1981 Hiarcs - Here it is.

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Thanks Harvey! :) All is well with the world again, well at least with a small corner of it! No hard feelings I hope?

It is hard to believe that one of the strongest chess programs in the world had such a modest beginning!

About Chess Challenger 7, I used to give it two moves in a row every other move (unless the first was a capture), just to make it a challenge!
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Harvey Williamson

Re: 1981 Hiarcs - The prize fund is growing.

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Thanks Harvey! :) All is well with the world again, well at least with a small corner of it! No hard feelings I hope?

It is hard to believe that one of the strongest chess programs in the world had such a modest beginning!

About Chess Challenger 7, I used to give it two moves in a row every other move (unless the first was a capture), just to make it a challenge!
The source for a 1983 version of Hiarcs will be added very soon. Takes ages to scan and upload.

We are pleased to announce that the first person who can get the 1981 and 1983 versions working as well as receiving free Hiarcs product or upgrade will also recive a brand new NOVAG Citrine!

Many thanks to the mystery man who has donated the Citrine!

So just to clarify. There is a prize for the 1st to get the 81 version working as well as the 1st to get the 83 working. the first to get both working will get the Citrine.
Harvey Williamson

The best link