Is a new Chestermaster on the way ???

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

nuff

Re: Is a new Chestermaster on the way ???

Post by nuff »

Chessmaster is well known so the next release would be eagerly awaited. Despite CM being a couple of years old you still see newbies on forums all over the internet discussing it.
Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

nuff wrote:Chessmaster is well known so the next release would be eagerly awaited. Despite CM being a couple of years old you still see newbies on forums all over the internet discussing it.
Hi John,

Newbies like you are most welcome. Did you bother to read the post I made that you have answered?

Best Wishes,

Harvey
nuff

Post by nuff »

"Newbies" do not know who the De Konig is just as they do not know Frans Morcsh. They just know ChessMaster and Fritz. That's why many of them do not bother to check if the said program is Vista-compatible before getting a copy of ebay and asking the question in the forum.
Kaj Soderberg

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

I'm trying to think of what more improvements in this area are
possible. CM does everything now except wash the dishes for you.
Regarding playing strength, there's no such thing as too much, or
even 'enough' for some of us.
I just hope it is de Koning who will make any software improvements. He writes a great engine!... I think you'll agree.
regards
Larry[/quote]

Agreed with De Koning as author. Disagreed concerning "CM does everything". It is very complete chesswise, but lacks some features, such as: multi-threading for duals or quads, multi-variation mode, UCI, function to include or exclude selected moves from analysis. So, there is next to further engine improvements, work enough to be done.

Best regards,

Kaj
fern

Post by fern »

There are MANY improvements to the gui that are possible and that you will see in the next version.
You will see visual metaphores in 3-D of amazing beauty, to begin with.
You will see conections with other progs, also.
And you will have an engine by ...guess whom.
An old, renowned name of the craft, now coming back.
Guess, guess....
Fernando
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Lin wrote:I just hope it is
de Koning who will make any software improvements. He writes a
great engine!... I think you'll agree.
regards
Larry
Agreed! 8-)
Hi,

I chatted with De Koning at Leiden last November - he said there may be a new ChessMaster but he doubted he would have anything to do with it. I will see him next week in Leiden again - I will ask the same question.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Looking forward to more news Harvey! 8-)
Kaj Soderberg

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

fern wrote:There are MANY improvements to the gui that are possible and that you will see in the next version.
You will see visual metaphores in 3-D of amazing beauty, to begin with.
You will see conections with other progs, also.
And you will have an engine by ...guess whom.
An old, renowned name of the craft, now coming back.
Guess, guess....
Fernando
OK, i can't resist the guessing game. Richard Lang at full inspiration wanting to recapture his place would be cool as far as i am concerned. My long gone father would smile from up there if it was David Kittinger.

Cheers,

Kaj
nuff

Post by nuff »

Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
regards
Larry
Agreed! 8-)
Hi,

I chatted with De Koning at Leiden last November - he said there may be a new ChessMaster but he doubted he would have anything to do with it. I will see him next week in Leiden again - I will ask the same question.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Hi Graham but wouldn't that be considered rumors? If Frans Morsh or Vas have any announcements to make wouldn't they make them via official channels rather than via a rival developer?
Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

nuff wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
regards
Larry
Agreed! 8-)
Hi,

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Hi Graham but wouldn't that be considered rumors? If Frans Morsh or Vas have any announcements to make wouldn't they make them via official channels rather than via a rival developer?
I think they would make them through any channels they thought would help with their marketing.
nuff

Post by nuff »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
nuff wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
regards
Larry
Agreed! 8-)
Hi,

Best Wishes,

Harvey
I think they would make them through any channels they thought would help with their marketing.
[Edited] You do know that "newbies" do not know who De Konig as much as they do not know Harvey from Hiarcs?

*wink