Collector's corner: Saitek Renaissance board version?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

Re: Collector's corner: Saitek Renaissance board version?

Post by Steve B »

Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote:
I really like to play with the Renaissance board. It's second in my favorite list of beautiful boards. I only like the Fidelity AvantGarde and Elite A/S boards more (they have a nicer color). I don't know why, but the Renaissance board reminds me always of Norwegian wood architecture. :o

Axel
i agree 100%
it is also my second favorite board behind only the Fidelity Prestige
it is a sheer joy and pleasure to play on the Renaissance board even if only playing over games from books or magazines and not even against the computer

for the Prestige though..the pieces are the most beautiful pieces i think for any chess computer and perhaps even for any chess set (not even a computer)

The Beatles Send Their Regards
Steve
:wink:
Dr. Axel Schumacher
Location: Cologne-Uppsala-St. Petersburg-Cambridge-Toronto-Munich-Basel

Post by Dr. Axel Schumacher »

Steve B wrote:
Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote:
I really like to play with the Renaissance board. It's second in my favorite list of beautiful boards. I only like the Fidelity AvantGarde and Elite A/S boards more (they have a nicer color). I don't know why, but the Renaissance board reminds me always of Norwegian wood architecture. :o

Axel
i agree 100%
it is also my second favorite board behind only the Fidelity Prestige
it is a sheer joy and pleasure to play on the Renaissance board even if only playing over games from books or magazines and not even against the computer

for the Prestige though..the pieces are the most beautiful pieces i think for any chess computer and perhaps even for any chess set (not even a computer)

The Beatles Send Their Regards
Steve
:wink:
Actually, I have two different piece sets for the Renaissance. One looks a little more expensive (e.g. the white pieces look more ebony-like), which is just very very beautiful (not so much the other set, of which I have two sets - from the second board; so I guess it's the original). Don't have the Prestige to compare.

Ebony regards,
Axel
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five".
Groucho Marx
Robert Weck

Post by Robert Weck »

Steve B wrote:hi Alex
yes the board had to be modified to take the Sparc module
not in general; i have 2 Renaissance boards; one of them is unmodified, but my Sparc works in both...

best regards,
Robert
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Robert Weck wrote:
Steve B wrote:hi Alex
yes the board had to be modified to take the Sparc module
not in general; i have 2 Renaissance boards; one of them is unmodified, but my Sparc works in both...

best regards,
Robert
i think we discussed this once before Robert
i know of a collector that had an early Renaissance board and it did NOT work with the Sparc

Better Regards
Steve
Alainza

Post by Alainza »

Hi Axel,
Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote:Hi Alain,

btw..did you managed to connect the Renaissance board with a handheld running CEBoard? :?:

Cheers,
Axel
sorry for the late anwser, I missed your post...
Yes, CEBoard can be connected to a Renaissance :)

Best regards,
Alain