Great News!! Chess Genius 7.2 is out

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Tony Thomas

Re: Great News!! Chess Genius 7.2 is out

Post by Tony Thomas »

I have no idea about the strength of Genius, if it is rated around at least 2500, Rybka wouldnt win every single game against it. Note that in my tournaments Lime was able to score 2.5 points out of 60 games versus Naum and Chess Tiger and Genius should be clearly stronger than Lime.
Anabolic Karpov

Post by Anabolic Karpov »

I believe permission has to be sought from Richard Lang before any Genius results can be published. That is reason why Genius dropped out of the rating lists after vers 5 or 6. This goes back to days when so many false result claims were being made. It was around that time Ed Schroeder released Rebel 10 without Autoplayer because of concerns of competitors reading opening book through PC link and Autoplayer!
That was particularly bad time for computer chess.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Anabolic Karpov wrote:I believe permission has to be sought from Richard Lang before any Genius results can be published. That is reason why Genius dropped out of the rating lists after vers 5 or 6. This goes back to days when so many false result claims were being made. It was around that time Ed Schroeder released Rebel 10 without Autoplayer because of concerns of competitors reading opening book through PC link and Autoplayer!
That was particularly bad time for computer chess.
Results of Genius7.1 that is basically the same engine are published in the internet.

After reading your post I am not sure if it is legal if I give a link but I am sure that significant number of posters saw the relevant link.

Uri
rlsuth

Post by rlsuth »

Anabolic Karpov wrote:It was around that time Ed Schroeder released Rebel 10 without Autoplayer because of concerns of competitors reading opening book through PC link and Autoplayer!

I believe it had autoplayer still, but it was no longer documented how to invoke it.
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Re: Testing ChessGenius 7.2 with protocols :-) Result

Post by Werner »

Hi Daniel,
I have made now 45 games between Homer 20 and ChessGenius 7 with CEGT time controls 40/20:

The result is ChessGenius7-Homer20 = 24-21 :D
Werner
Isaksen

Post by Isaksen »

:) Hi Werner

Have u tried using chess genius super book.
You can find the link here: http://mihd.net/u3k6ga
Werner

Post by Werner »

Hi Brian,
we are using no engine books here in CEGT :D
So I used a book made of 100 opening positions I normaly use when this is possible.
Werner
Karmazen & Oliver

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

Isaksen wrote::D Hi all

Looks like Richard Lang finally decided to work more on his desktop version. I have been waiting like that for ever, ever since I first bought his program.
You can find the program here: http://chessgenius.com/pc/beta.htm
It is a free update to all registered users of Chess Genius 7.0 ,7.1.
It is only a beta version of 7.2 until the real 7.2 version comes out, which will be soon.
If I remmber it correctly Chess Genius was one of the first programs who defeated World Champion Gary Kasparov, long before Deep Blue did.
Lets just hope that Mr Lang continues to work on his program, it would be a shame if he stopped now, after this version.
Am definetely looking forward to future versions of Chess Genius after this release. All this waiting finally paid off, hope it did for You as well.

Post by Edward German »

Werner wrote:Hi Daniel,
I have made now 45 games between Homer 20 and ChessGenius 7 with CEGT time controls 40/20:

The result is ChessGenius7-Homer20 = 24-21 :D
That is not a surprise. Genius is positional a very nice program. Against most humans, genius 7 should win the most matches. I like it.

My genius fan homepage:

http://www.beepworld.de/members57/playchess/
Werner

Post by Werner »

Hi Eduard,
perhaps you should also try to use polyglot in the same way as you use the adapter from Roland Pfister.
Homer does only run with polyglot (sometimes 1 game only possible)
Werner