CM 11 hash table question

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kaj Soderberg

CM 11 hash table question

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

In its own interface CM11 does not allow more than 256mb of hash table usage. In Chessbase you may of course set the hash higher. Is it known if CM11 is designed to work properly with higher hash settings than 256mb?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Best regards,

Kaj
royb

Re: CM 11 hash table question

Post by royb »

I do not own CM11 but I used to own CM9000 and that version had a configuration file (cannot remember the name of the file, sorry) that allowed you to set the hash table size in there and then restart CM9000 for it to take effect. You might try an Internet search engine with some of that info and you may get lucky.
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Kaj Soderberg wrote:In its own interface CM11 does not allow more than 256mb of hash table usage. In Chessbase you may of course set the hash higher. Is it known if CM11 is designed to work properly with higher hash settings than 256mb?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Best regards,

Kaj
Hi Kai,
ask here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/250105752
...as I am not sure - I always did not use more than 256 mb hash as the author mentioned that´s enough.
Werner
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

I have used up to 512 Mb of hash for the king version (UCI) and it works fine, under Arena. I have never played against the king in full strength under its interface, I am still too busy trying to beat Josh at age or someone right below him like Marius..