Alexandra Kosteniuk

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ovyron

Re: Alexandra Kosteniuk

Post by Ovyron »

Dann Corbit wrote:I must be getting old. She looks like a child to me.
She's 2 years older than me. Anyway, makeup can do some neat stuff:

http://www.ybmakeup.com/photos/photos/b ... fter_4.jpg
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Yikes! :shock:
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

And we've entered the land of too much information..

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Ovyron wrote:Marisol González, the "TD Girl." Google isn't good at finding her, so here's a photo:

But basically she said "I'm not an ugly woman because I know how to use makeup correctly." *sigh*
Hello Vytron,

That reminded me of this scene in Everwood because it is also about girls, make-up and just philosophically speaking maybe it's about how true beauty has to come from inside, not something you can just apply on the outside. Hannah portrays a girl in the series that is uncertain about her looks, she's a serious girl, and therefore her relationship with Bright, who is a bit of a girl chaser and more into football at first than interested in his studies or in a serious relation, does not start off so easy. But that is about to change in ways that takes them both by surprise. Very romantic teen drama but the scene is also beautifully done I think. If you don't know the characters of the series it may be a bit hard to relate to. The final shot I think is a reference to the famous Michelango painting on the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel, as a graphical designer I'm sure you will know what I mean!

Chris Pratt and Sarah Drew as Bright and Hannah
in the late series of Everwood, final episode

Eelco
Ovyron

Re: And we've entered the land of too much information..

Post by Ovyron »

Eelco de Groot wrote:how true beauty has to come from inside, not something you can just apply on the outside.
Yes, I figured that out when I was a kid, in where there were other little girls I liked very much on their beauty, only to realize they were mean, or even mean to other people (I considered that their true self and not what they showed to me, they acted.) So I figured I'd be better with some girl that even if not pretty, had the right emotions and feelings, the inner beauty.

Later on I realized there are girls that have both, they can have beauty in both sides so why to resign oneself to women that only have beauty from inside? Inner beauty is more important because most likely the other one fades away with age, but that's not a reason to discard it (even if it's mostly makeup.)
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Well I think Judit is a very pretty woman too.

fern

Post by fern »

I do not want to appear as a perverted guy before you, but some air of extreme youth is an extra bonus, specially if you can stay in peace knowing she is not that young.

Casanova send his regards
Fern
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Martin T wrote:Well I think Judit is a very pretty woman too.

+1.

Actually, she's more my type than Kosteniuk.
sje

Post by sje »

The rare counterexample to the maxim:

Beauty * Brains = Constant
Roman Hartmann

Post by Roman Hartmann »

sje wrote:The rare counterexample to the maxim:

Beauty * Brains = Constant
This maxim was only invented to please those who lack beauty. My personal experience tells that life is rather unfair and those with beauty usually have brains as well. It's just much harder to discover brains if you're overwhelmed by so much beauty.

best regards
Roman
Dann Corbit

Re: And we've entered the land of too much information..

Post by Dann Corbit »

Reminds me of a proverb (which applies equally well to 'handsome man' as 'beautiful woman'):

This is my favorite translation of this verse:
"The Message" translation (Proverbs 11:22) (MSG) Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful face on an empty head.

Other variations:
Proverbs 11:22
(ACV) A ring of gold in a swine's snout, [is] a fair woman who is without discretion.
(ASV) As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, So is a fair woman that is without discretion.
(BBE) Like a ring of gold in the nose of a pig, is a beautiful woman who has no sense.
(VW) As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a beautiful woman who has turned aside from discretion.
(Bishops) A faire woman without discrete maners, is lyke a ryng of golde in a swines snoute.
(CEV) A beautiful woman who acts foolishly is like a gold ring on the snout of a pig.
(Complete Apostles' Bible) As an ornament in a swine's snout, so is beauty to an ill-minded woman.
(Coverdale) A fayre woman without discrete maners, is like a rynge of golde in a swynes snoute.
(Darby) A fair woman who is without discretion, is as a gold ring in a swine's snout.
(DRB) A golden ring in a swine's snout, a woman fair and foolish.
(ERV) If a woman is beautiful but foolish, it is the same as a beautiful gold ring in a pig’s nose.
(ESV) Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman without discretion.
(EVID) As a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
(Geneva) As a iewell of golde in a swines snoute: so is a faire woman, which lacketh discretion.
(GW) Like a gold ring in a pig's snout, so is a beautiful woman who lacks good taste.
(HNV) Like a gold ring in a pig's snout, is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion.
(csb) A beautiful woman who rejects good sense is like a gold ring in a pig's snout.
(JST) As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
(JPS) As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman that turneth aside from discretion.
(KJ2000) As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a beautiful woman who is without discretion.
(KJV) As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
(KJV-1611) As a iewell of golde in a swines snowt; so is a faire woman which is without discretion.
(KJVR) As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
(LITV) As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a woman who is beautiful, yet turning aside discretion.
(Brenton) As an ornament in a swine's snout, so is beauty to an ill-minded women.
(MKJV) Like a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a beautiful woman who turns aside discretion.
(NAB) Like a golden ring in a swine's snout is a beautiful woman with a rebellious disposition.
(NASB) As a ring of gold in a swine's snout So is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion.
(NET) Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who rejects discretion.
(NIV) Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.
(NWT) As a gold nose ring in the snout of a pig, so is a woman that is pretty but that is turning away from sensibleness.
(RSV) Like a gold ring in a swine's snout is a beautiful woman without discretion.
(RV) As a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
(TRC) A fair woman without discreet manners, is like a ring of gold in a swine's snout.
(The Scriptures 1998+) Like a ring of gold in a pig’s snout, Is a lovely woman who lacks good sense.
(UPDV) [As] a ring of gold in a swine's snout, [So is] a beautiful woman who is without discretion.
(WEB) Like a gold ring in a pig's snout, Is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion.
(Webster) As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman who is without discretion.
(Wycliffe) A goldun `sercle, ether ryng, in the `nose thrillis of a sowe, a womman fair and fool.
(YLT) A ring of gold in the nose of a sow--A fair woman and stubborn of behaviour.