Fritz 11 GUI latest update

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Erik Roggenburg

Fritz 11 GUI latest update

Post by Erik Roggenburg »

Have you noticed that the ability to set a UCI engine's strength (dumbing down via Elo) has been removed from the latest GUI? I used to be able to create HIARCS 12 or Deep Shredder 11 "personalities" so that I wouldn't get my butt kicked, but now I can't. It seems that the only way I can dumb them down is through Handicap and Fun, or rating game with the slider.

Sigh...

:roll: :roll:
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Fritz 11 GUI latest update

Post by Sylwy »

Erik Roggenburg wrote:Have you noticed that the ability to set a UCI engine's strength (dumbing down via Elo) has been removed from the latest GUI? I used to be able to create HIARCS 12 or Deep Shredder 11 "personalities" so that I wouldn't get my butt kicked, but now I can't. It seems that the only way I can dumb them down is through Handicap and Fun, or rating game with the slider.

Sigh...

:roll: :roll:

He he he !

Now Fritz 11 GUI becomes Rybka 3/Fritz 11 GUI ! You can use both methods utilized in Aquarium:

1.handicap games (File menu/new/.....);
2.use the ELO slider from handicap and fun....;

or,

3.play rated games :lol: ;
4.don't use the latest gui11.msi and you will be able to :lol: "work" :lol: on the old engine properties !

Regards,
:lol: Silvian :lol: (Sylwy) :lol:
Nimzovik

Re: Fritz 11 GUI latest update

Post by Nimzovik »

If I recall correctly one could also historically choose the books the miscelaneous engines could use in the shoot out process as well............. :cry: