The Campaign to get Leo a New Computer

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rolf

Re: Rolf = ?

Post by Rolf »

Graham Banks wrote:
Rolf wrote:Disgusting the whole campaign against Rolf. Enough is enough.
Whilst I can understand why others get annoyed with many of your posts Rolf, I agree that allowing a member to be persecuted in such a manner is deplorable.
I must thank you for this brave standpoint, in special because also you cant know how difficult it's for me to write in English. It's really sad to see when others intentionally take always the worst out of something I deliberately cant direct or master at all. Most of the time I'm trying to write tongue in cheek and I fall off my chair (if I wouldnt lie on a couch) if then again everything was evil in the eyes of these hate people. Because, make no mistake Grah, it's a real lackmus test for your democratic education how you treat weak speaking foreigners. Since 1996 I'm trying to make this point in the community. Sometimes I feel myself in a foreign rat colonie. I'm absolutely familiar with the reaction when you as a native speaker must listen to a somewhat overactive foreigner with his lacking mastership of speech. Perhaps I'm different, as a student I like talking with guests from all kind of nations. Israelis, Palestinians, Afghansis, Egyptians,US Americans, British, Czech, Bavarians, Norvegians, Swedes, Finns, Dutch, Belges, Swiss, French, all they spoke either bad German or English with strange accents, but not even once I had the idea to blame or insult them for these deficits. To the contrary it was much fun to get new friends. Only here in these CC groups the human side is neglected and evil is openly shown. Perhaps this is the consequence out of our anonymity system. What has this computerchess to do with rats? Problem-solving? <g>

I forgot Indians, Pakistani, all sort of Africans, e.g. Aethiopians, CapVerdians, South African Whites, Canadians, Chilenians, Greeks, Jordanians, mountain climbers from NZL who visited Switzerland etc pp. All I've personally spoken to. Sure these were priviliged and smart upper class students of medicine or such. BTW not one complained about my English...
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

Rolf wrote:
Philippe wrote:Rolf's posts

bla bla bla
(a few hundred lines after)
blabla blabla blabla

zzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz ....
Ok, fine by me. Earlier I had intended to give him one of my own PCs as such, but after this hypocritical defamation activities in a personal attack manner which is usually seen as forbidden by the moderation, nothing wont come now from my side. Disgusting the whole campaign against Rolf. Enough is enough.
I did not lie when I wrote that I like you in CCC. The only problem
is that your posts are too long so that I read, because I do not
understand well the English language.
And I confirm what I wrote, I think that you are intelligent, controversial
and stubborn. OK, maybe I am wrong, it´s a possibilitie,
but can you try to watch my words as a constructive criticism?

Paulo Soares
PauloSoare

Re: ????????

Post by PauloSoare »

PayPal it´s ok for me, can you write the e-mail of Leo?
Thanks to you, Dan, and Tony.

Paulo Soares
Erik Roggenburg

Post by Erik Roggenburg »

Rolf wrote:

bla bla bla
blabla blabla blabla

zzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz ....
Ok, fine by me. Earlier I had intended to give him one of my own PCs as such, but after this hypocritical defamation activities in a personal attack manner which is usually seen as forbidden by the moderation, nothing wont come now from my side. Disgusting the whole campaign against Rolf. Enough is enough.
World Record for shortest post by Rolf!!

:wink: :D
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Erik Roggenburg wrote:
Rolf wrote:

bla bla bla
blabla blabla blabla

zzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz ....
World Record for shortest post by Rolf!!

Bang!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

PauloSoare wrote:
Rolf wrote:

bla bla bla
blabla blabla blabla

zzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz ....
I did not lie when I wrote that I like you in CCC. The only problem
is that your posts are too long so that I read, because I do not
understand well the English language.
And I confirm what I wrote, I think that you are intelligent, controversial
and stubborn. OK, maybe I am wrong, it´s a possibilitie,
but can you try to watch my words as a constructive criticism?

Paulo Soares
You think that I'm intelligent but messages are too long. Skip my posts. Life is too short.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Graham Banks wrote:
Rolf wrote:Disgusting the whole campaign against Rolf. Enough is enough.
Whilst I can understand why others get annoyed with many of your posts Rolf, I agree that allowing a member to be persecuted in such a manner is deplorable.
Rolf is not being persecuted. How about Leo, or anyone who may need a hand up?

Leo dedicates his time and money. What does Rolf do?

Well for starters he attacks the man when he's down...how's that for persecution?
Erik Roggenburg

Post by Erik Roggenburg »

You think that I'm intelligent but messages are too long. Skip my posts. Life is too short.
ROLF SHATTERS OWN RECORD FOR SHORTEST POST!!!
TALKCHESS.COM (AP) - Well-known (or maybe not) forum gadfly and windbag extraordinaire "Rolf" shattered his own record for his own shortest post. This unbelievable accomplishment followed only 2 hours and 43 minutes after setting his initial record. Obviously exhausted and emotionally spent after this record-setting day, Rolf, amazingly, was not available for comment. (Please note that not being available for comment does not set ANOTHER record for shortest post).

:wink: :D
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

I rarely disagree with Graham on much, but have a minor nitpick here. I believe Rolf has been insulted, teased, possibly denigrated, but do not detect any sort of systematic persecution. I have seen much worse leveled at a number of people including folks like Hyatt which have fairly broad respect. If such teasing where banned it would change the flavor of the board (not necessarily for the worse) but right now, at least in practice, it is not. The worst thing I saw was that one person said they reported a post of his, which would really only be persecution if there was some sort of campaign to report all his posts (which I guess might be possible but I am certainly not aware of it). Perhaps my distinction is just nitpicking, I certainly would be annoyed if someone reported my posts (which I guess they might...not sure how one knows such a thing unless they are buddies with a moderator). Anyway, regardless of whether the post was worthy of reporting (I didn't think so, he was just expressing an extremely unpopular opinion with many implicit negative characterizations of a popular member of the community to his potential financial detriment) it is certainly someone's right to do so if they think Rolf is violating the charter.

As to the appropriateness of insulting someone and the quality of their posts, I would think Rolf would be first in line to champion the right to insult, tease, and denegrate people and their post content. He seems to like to "tell it like it is" and "keep it real" and disallowing comments along the lines made about him in this thread would certainly limit the quantity and content he has regularly contributed to this board.

-Sam
Richard Allbert

Re: The Campaign to get Leo a New Computer

Post by Richard Allbert »

Yes, 100%.

Just returned from holiday, will donate Monday, when I've unblocked my bank blocked cards... :roll:

Richard