Need advice with my modified Rybka 3 code

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kgburcham

Need advice with my modified Rybka 3 code

Post by kgburcham »

I have studied the Rybka 3 source from front to back many many times.
I feel sorry for Vas so I have decided to clear Vas name from all that Vas is accused of. You know being Christmas and all.
I have verified it is just as Vas has stated, "I have used many many ideas from the Fruit Code".

I have gotten a good start on removing many of the borrowed Fruit lines.
Now when I boot up my Windows XP Pro I am getting a warning from a guy with a patch on his eye and a wooden leg. He says he is concerned about the future of chess and advises me to hit "undo all". So far I have been able to right click and delete him.

My other problem is now that I have removed many of the Fruit lines from Rybka, she is posting a very large kns value. Rybka seems to still be fairly strong in match play but now the kns are up around 5000 to 6000 on my Quad. I would like to get the kns back to where Vas had it, about 150 kns. I have tried several things but no luck. Do you have any ideas what I can do to get the kns down to 100-150 before Vas finds out about my 6000 kns?

If one of you guys do not help me, I will just rename this work and call it Channel Cat 3. Of course it will be closed source and GPL protected. Once the bugs are out I will call BaseChess and work up a deal, no on second thought I will wait for their call.

See you at Ebay,
kburcham
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Need advice with my modified Rybka 3 code

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

From the first look at your post,I think that you're repeating yourself with an old fashioned,boring to the bones irony which no one needs at this very moment taking into consideration the ongoing threads connected to this issue....
In other words:it's not funny 8-)
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

kgburcham wrote:I have studied the Rybka 3 source from front to back many many times.
I feel sorry for Vas so I have decided to clear Vas name from all that Vas is accused of. You know being Christmas and all.
I have verified it is just as Vas has stated, "I have used many many ideas from the Fruit Code".

I have gotten a good start on removing many of the borrowed Fruit lines.
Now when I boot up my Windows XP Pro I am getting a warning from a guy with a patch on his eye and a wooden leg. He says he is concerned about the future of chess and advises me to hit "undo all". So far I have been able to right click and delete him.

My other problem is now that I have removed many of the Fruit lines from Rybka, she is posting a very large kns value. Rybka seems to still be fairly strong in match play but now the kns are up around 5000 to 6000 on my Quad. I would like to get the kns back to where Vas had it, about 150 kns. I have tried several things but no luck. Do you have any ideas what I can do to get the kns down to 100-150 before Vas finds out about my 6000 kns?

If one of you guys do not help me, I will just rename this work and call it Channel Cat 3. Of course it will be closed source and GPL protected. Once the bugs are out I will call BaseChess and work up a deal, no on second thought I will wait for their call.

See you at Ebay,
kburcham

I am confused about the 100...150 kns.
Is that really what you get when you divide 5000...6000 kns by a random number between 14 and 18 ?

Matthias.

Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

SzG wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:From the first look at your post,I think that you're repeating yourself with an old fashioned,boring to the bones irony which no one needs at this very moment taking into consideration the ongoing threads connected to this issue....
In other words:it's not funny 8-)
Agreed. Irony is not an argument for either side.
Thanks Gabor,try passing this simple fact into our friend''s head....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

Are you talking about Strelka 3 ? I have just tested it and found it is weaker the the version 2.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

You don't have Rybka's code.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Dann Corbit wrote:You don't have Rybka's code.
Don't pay attention Dann,he's spamming....
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Yeah. He could always stick it where others are unlikely to want to find it! :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Yeah. He could always stick it where others are unlikely to want to find it! :wink:

It's good to see that NZ is sharing the same opinion :wink: