Vas taken to the Popular Court, again?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Re: Vas taken to the Popular Court, again?

Post by mclane »

bob wrote: And if they would do the rational thing and simply ban him from posting here, things would be 100x more enjoyable.

in fact, I think I might actually run for moderator next time, on the platform that if elected, my first action will be to ban him from CCC for the duration of my term as moderator. Let him spew his uninformed garbage in the CTF cesspool. But just not in CCC. We came here from r.g.c.c to get away from him, and I wal willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while. But IMHO, that time is past...

I'll even run on the platform that I will ban Rolf if I get 50% of the total votes or more, otherwise I won't even serve, to see if the majority of members agree with me.
It's like arguing with a 3-year-old that speaks a different language than us, so communication is impossible, complex concepts are not understood, and we get mostly noise as a result. Lots of noise. Way too much noise...
I will suppport this point of view. It is like you said. He creates so much noise and pollution that normal discussions are not possible anymore.
If you run for moderator, i will try it too. And if we are lucky the
noise can get reduced.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

mclane wrote:He creates so much noise and pollution
With all due respect Thorsten, perhaps you should look in the mirror.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Graham Banks wrote:
bob wrote:Rolf has his own standards here. It is ok to call me various insulting names, but when someone returns the favor, he can't wait to go whine to the moderators. I've not made a complaint to the moderators since the 10 of us first started CCC. But the whiner does. I only wish the moderators would learn to ignore him and his complaints and quit interfering in the various threads that pop up. And if they would do the rational thing and simply ban him from posting here, things would be 100x more enjoyable.

in fact, I think I might actually run for moderator next time, on the platform that if elected, my first action will be to ban him from CCC for the duration of my term as moderator. Let him spew his uninformed garbage in the CTF cesspool. But just not in CCC. We came here from r.g.c.c to get away from him, and I wal willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while. But IMHO, that time is past...

I'll even run on the platform that I will ban Rolf if I get 50% of the total votes or more, otherwise I won't even serve, to see if the majority of members agree with me. It's like arguing with a 3-year-old that speaks a different language than us, so communication is impossible, complex concepts are not understood, and we get mostly noise as a result. Lots of noise. Way too much noise...
The moderators shouldn't have to wait for a complaint to act upon charter violations. It's their job to uphold the charter, not act purely upon complaints.

You missed the point Graham, Rolf makes all manner of personal attacks and innuendo and it slips right by moderation but if Rolf recieves so much as a pinprick he quickly cries foul and complains.

I see this, Bob sees this, Thorsten sees this and many, many more see this and we don't bother to complain as it's a complete waste of time, Rolf will go unpunished and yammer and stammer endlessly.
Terry McCracken

Graham Banks wrote:
Careful Graham, this could be considered a personal attack... :roll:
Terry McCracken

bob wrote: And if they would do the rational thing and simply ban him from posting here, things would be 100x more enjoyable.

I'll even run on the platform that I will ban Rolf if I get 50% of the total votes or more, otherwise I won't even serve, to see if the majority of members agree with me.
It's like arguing with a 3-year-old that speaks a different language than us, so communication is impossible, complex concepts are not understood, and we get mostly noise as a result. Lots of noise. Way too much noise...
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
The moderators are welcome to remove it if they see it as such. It was just an observation on my part.

By the way, I am not a Rolf groupie by any means. In fact, the moderation teams that I was a part of moderated him on several occasions.
I just don't think it's fair to treat him any differently to other members. He shouldn't be singled out for special measures that don't apply to others, despite the past.
Too many here want to hang people on past indiscretions instead of enjoying the forums.

Anyway, I have no desire to see a flame war develop. None of us are perfect, and before we post against others we should think of the old adage "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
Sorry to the mods if my views cause problems.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Terry McCracken

Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
The moderators are welcome to remove it if they see it as such. It was just an observation on my part.

By the way, I am not a Rolf groupie by any means. In fact, the moderation teams that I was a part of moderated him on several occasions.
I just don't think it's fair to treat him any differently to other members. He shouldn't be singled out for special measures that don't apply to others, despite the past.
Too many here want to hang people on past indiscretions instead of enjoying the forums.

Anyway, I have no desire to see a flame war develop. None of us are perfect, and before we post against others we should think of the old adage "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

The past??? How about the present!
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

The present is up to the current team of moderators to deal with.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Terry McCracken

Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

The present is up to the current team of moderators to deal with.
The point is...they don't!
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Post by Volker Pittlik »

Terry McCracken wrote:...
The point is...they don't!
We do. As there are possibly long-term consequences the internal discussion need some time. One reason is that we live in different time zones. We will let you know to which conclusion we came and which action we took. Until then I suggest not to put more oil in the fire. We all see it is burning.

Volker