TheMadPrune 1.1.13 is out....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

TheMadPrune 1.1.13 is out....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
David Dahlem

Re: TheMadPrune 1.1.13 is out....

Post by David Dahlem »

Thanks Wael

I quickly put a logo together for Mad Prune. :-)

Also one for Grapefruit...

Regards
Dave
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Thanks Dave,great logos :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Denis P. Mendoza

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Please read here:

http://www.computerchess.info/tdbb/phpB ... 0d6353f561
This was a surprise for me when Bill posted/released it in the 'Public' forum. This was his reasons adding to his statements there:

TheMadPrune is an experimental guy
thrown out there
to collect/gather any ideas
that might be worth investigating.

It is for most of our fans
who more often than not
are tester types {as opposed to developers}.

Testers need alotta UCI parameters to be content.

I'm just lookin to collect some free CPU time
from the many testers out there. ........

'TheMadPrune' is not a development Toga engine as DeepLearninToga is. I see it as the latest DLT without the learning stuff....based on the code differences. Though frankly speaking, I didn't like the name when I saw it, just give me a while till I supply his Intel build. (how could I refuse!)

:mrgreen:

Cheers Doc!
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Denis P. Mendoza wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Please read here:

http://www.computerchess.info/tdbb/phpB ... 0d6353f561
This was a surprise for me when Bill posted/released it in the 'Public' forum. This was his reasons adding to his statements there:

TheMadPrune is an experimental guy
thrown out there
to collect/gather any ideas
that might be worth investigating.

It is for most of our fans
who more often than not
are tester types {as opposed to developers}.

Testers need alotta UCI parameters to be content.

I'm just lookin to collect some free CPU time
from the many testers out there. ........

'TheMadPrune' is not a development Toga engine as DeepLearninToga is. I see it as the latest DLT without the learning stuff....based on the code differences. Though frankly speaking, I didn't like the name when I saw it, just give me a while till I supply his Intel build. (how could I refuse!)

Cheers Doc!
Thanks Denis,waiting eagerly for your compile version :D
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Denis P. Mendoza wrote: 'TheMadPrune' is not a development Toga engine as DeepLearninToga is. I see it as the latest DLT without the learning stuff....based on the code differences. Though frankly speaking, I didn't like the name when I saw it, just give me a while till I supply his Intel build. (how could I refuse!)

Cheers Doc!
Hi Denis,

in your opinion, is TheMadPrune likely to be the strongest Toga yet?

Regards, Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Denis P. Mendoza

Graham Banks wrote:
Denis P. Mendoza wrote: 'TheMadPrune' is not a development Toga engine as DeepLearninToga is. I see it as the latest DLT without the learning stuff....based on the code differences. Though frankly speaking, I didn't like the name when I saw it, just give me a while till I supply his Intel build. (how could I refuse!)

Cheers Doc!
Hi Denis,

Regards, Graham.
I hope so. But it didn't do well too on my quick tests. Bill didn't put it in the 'development' as it's just his personal 'public' release. DLT is still his 'development' engine.

At the moment, the strongest SP yet is Toga1.43JDbeta7 which is 9 elo better than Toga 1.4.1SE, followed by Toga 1.4beta5cWHM31. Shaun is still doing some testing but hinted that there might be no changes in the present Toga rankings. We are hoping that the new DLT1.5.21 (or next) will exceed the overall performance of Toga 1.43beta7.

I had some 3min + 0 sec games between the two which gave us hope:
Individual statistics:

1 DeepLearninToga1.5.21a : 50 (+ 15,= 22,- 13), 52.0 %

Toga143JDbeta7-1cpu : 50 (+ 15,= 22,- 13), 52.0 %

2 Toga143JDbeta7-1cpu : 50 (+ 13,= 22,- 15), 48.0 %

DeepLearninToga1.5.21a : 50 (+ 13,= 22,- 15), 48.0 %
It isn't conclusive but quite good. IMHO, the best Toga at the moment is Grapefruit 1.0 beta!. Thumbs up for Vadim! You got us there pal.
Bill Rogers

Post by Bill Rogers »

Who is this Bill? I thought I was the only one with that name on this site even though it is a very common name.
Bill
Denis P. Mendoza

Bill Rogers wrote:Who is this Bill? I thought I was the only one with that name on this site even though it is a very common name.
Bill
Bill,

His name is William H. Mowery Jr. (Systems engineer/C++ consultant) from Ellenton, Florida. I've been helping him in his long-time development of LearningToga for over 1 1/2 yrs now. He's also a Bible reader that's why he loves to preach computerchess...and a horse-lover as well.

I've been advising him to post here as this is the right place for computerchess hobbyists and programmers. Our TDDB forum isn't always active, so it might help if he acquaints with the guys here and the other Bills / Williams :lol:

Denis
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Denis P. Mendoza wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Cheers Doc!
Hi Denis,

Regards, Graham.
I hope so. But it didn't do well too on my quick tests. Bill didn't put it in the 'development' as it's just his personal 'public' release. DLT is still his 'development' engine.

At the moment, the strongest SP yet is Toga1.43JDbeta7 which is 9 elo better than Toga 1.4.1SE, followed by Toga 1.4beta5cWHM31. Shaun is still doing some testing but hinted that there might be no changes in the present Toga rankings. We are hoping that the new DLT1.5.21 (or next) will exceed the overall performance of Toga 1.43beta7.

I had some 3min + 0 sec games between the two which gave us hope:
Individual statistics:

1 DeepLearninToga1.5.21a : 50 (+ 15,= 22,- 13), 52.0 %

Toga143JDbeta7-1cpu : 50 (+ 15,= 22,- 13), 52.0 %

2 Toga143JDbeta7-1cpu : 50 (+ 13,= 22,- 15), 48.0 %

DeepLearninToga1.5.21a : 50 (+ 13,= 22,- 15), 48.0 %
It isn't conclusive but quite good. IMHO, the best Toga at the moment is Grapefruit 1.0 beta!. Thumbs up for Vadim! You got us there pal.
Is there a compile available in order to start testing the engine?

Cheers, Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com