Astounded.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Nimzovik

Astounded.

Post by Nimzovik »

Indeed. I realize deep Fritz 11 is out.....however why bother when rybka is killing every thing? I am shocked and appalled at the paucity of my chess wish list to hand over to my wife this year.....The Aquarium gui to me is still way too buggy and unwieldly from what I read in the posts..... What is a poor fool that is desperately trying to part with his money to do? I already udgraded my computer sustantially....Perhaps I could renew my ICC membership...... however IMHO I have encountered way too many cheaters there. At least at play chess server I see people getting the axe for cheating frequently (rightly or wrongly.) Plus I am not into chess stand alones...... My opening systems are unique ...my own lines ...so... no good books out on any of my opening systems. :shock: Maybe I will have to mature as a chess player and study ENDGAMES! :lol:
tjfroh
Full name: Timothy Frohlick

Re: Astounded.

Post by tjfroh »

Alex,

Think of the Aquarium GUI as an "alien" IQ test. If you can figure it out then there is hope that you can get a PhD in Computer Science.

Deep Rybka 3 is indeed better than Fritz 11 but there is no reason why you can't have ten different programs on your computer.

Tj
Nimzovik wrote:Indeed. I realize deep Fritz 11 is out.....however why bother when rybka is killing every thing? I am shocked and appalled at the paucity of my chess wish list to hand over to my wife this year.....The Aquarium gui to me is still way too buggy and unwieldly from what I read in the posts..... What is a poor fool that is desperately trying to part with his money to do? I already udgraded my computer sustantially....Perhaps I could renew my ICC membership...... however IMHO I have encountered way too many cheaters there. At least at play chess server I see people getting the axe for cheating frequently (rightly or wrongly.) Plus I am not into chess stand alones...... My opening systems are unique ...my own lines ...so... no good books out on any of my opening systems. :shock: Maybe I will have to mature as a chess player and study ENDGAMES! :lol:
A New Way Comes Upon Earth.
God is an infinitely variable Constant.
Man marks his ground with ideologies.
Galaxies are the dreidels of God.
War is a punishment for implacability.
Peace flows from forgiveness of sins.
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Ah if but ten different program were ALL I have on my computer my wife would be far kinder to my hobby!! :lol: :wink:
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Nimzovik wrote:Indeed. I realize deep Fritz 11 is out.....however why bother when rybka is killing every thing? I am shocked and appalled at the paucity of my chess wish list to hand over to my wife this year.....The Aquarium gui to me is still way too buggy and unwieldly from what I read in the posts..... What is a poor fool that is desperately trying to part with his money to do? I already udgraded my computer sustantially....Perhaps I could renew my ICC membership...... however IMHO I have encountered way too many cheaters there. At least at play chess server I see people getting the axe for cheating frequently (rightly or wrongly.) Plus I am not into chess stand alones...... My opening systems are unique ...my own lines ...so... no good books out on any of my opening systems. :shock: Maybe I will have to mature as a chess player and study ENDGAMES! :lol:
Well one of these days a new Shredder GUI and Chesspartner GUI will be out. One of these years Arena will be non-beta, The Chessbase house for Rybka has some added GUI functions, Aquarium is all wet until version 4, I have Chessbase Light, and too bad Chessmaster GUI does not take UCI. I also have Pirat. Christmas still has much for Santa to bring.

I think I have collected them all :lol:
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”