About engine logos

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kirill Kryukov

Re: About engine logos

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

swami wrote:Engine logos appear better when it's 130 x 65 in Arena.

Engine logos in rating list - good, Patrick Buchannan has it in UEL, If you've all that time, I say go for it :)

I think Jim Ablett has all the logo collections, just google up his site.
Thanks. I tried to add logos to the rating list and so far I like how it looks. I decided to use 100x50 size as it fits better to the list. Also because larger logos can be downscaled when needed, but not the other way around.
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

hgm wrote:I never saw any use for engine logos, other than as forum avatar, to make it possible to quickly associate a poster with a certain engine. I hope you won't pollute the ratinglists with them. It would make them look so much less serious...
Yes, it looks like I will pollute a rating list with them. :-) It looks much more fun with the logos. I'll consider making it optional though. :-)
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

David Dahlem wrote:I agree with Swami, the 130x65 size is better. Here's the link to my logo creations, and they are totally free. :-)

http://www.geocities.com/davedahlem/my_logos.html

Regards
Dave
Thanks Dave! I will certainly use some of your logos!
Spock

Post by Spock »

hgm wrote:I hope you won't pollute the ratinglists with them. It would make them look so much less serious...
I agree :wink:
geots

Post by geots »

Anyone who says 130x65 is better is without any doubt at all talking about in Arena, which i havent seen. But i skew all mine down to 75 hor. and 75 vert. with paint- and get 98x49- which is perfect for Chessbase. Anyone who says that 130x65 is best for Chessbase is blind! Chessbase will take a 130x65 logo and rip it to pieces and it looks like pure crap. Anyone who doesnt believe me- compare it- that way and my way- then come back to me. (But i like to start with 130x65, because it gives me more flexibility in skewing down.)
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Here are some logos, separated by format:
http://cap.connx.com/logos/

Tragically, I have no way of separating them by author, so they are all piled together (So I don't know if it is Dahlem or Huditz or Uschi or whatever).
geots

Post by geots »

Thanks, Dann. I just scanned thru some of the bmp ones quickly, and the great majority of the ones i saw were made by Graham. Not all- but most i looked at. I did recognize a few by Hudetz, and there were a few i had never seen. Very interesting. When i have time, i am going to go over ALL OF THEM, and get the ones i dont have. Thanks very much.

Best,

George
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Dann Corbit wrote:Here are some logos, separated by format:
http://cap.connx.com/logos/

Tragically, I have no way of separating them by author, so they are all piled together (So I don't know if it is Dahlem or Huditz or Uschi or whatever).
Thanks Dann!