An Apology to someone here, he knows....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

An Apology to someone here, he knows....

Post by fern »

Many many time ago I had a discussion with someone here -I will reserve his name because I do not know if he would want this to be public- and as a consequence, in private mail ito someone else, I said very nasty things about this gentleman.
As anyone knows, when you are pissed off, you say many awful things that comes just from the rage and the desire to hurt someone. In those moments of insanity any of us would be capable of stabbing his mother. Nothing said in that conditions has an atom of truth, neither it represent what you really think of the eventual target of that day.
Now I have known that those comments, made privately in any case, somehow -never a messenger of evil is out or lacking too much time- had met a path to a more wide audience an it is posible that this gentleman has seen them by now.
I want to say him, as I hope he will realize from the fact that we have had lot of good intercourse in the last years, that I do not feel, believe or think nothing of the sort and that my stupid words came from a mixture of rage and probably some dosis of red wine, my weakness.
If he want some any other reparation, public or private, I am prepared to satisfy him.
Please, my dear pal, forget and forgive and remember I am an esentially idiotic criature with just some sparks of capabilty in the realm of my profesion.

Fern
geots

Re: An Apology to someone here, he knows....

Post by geots »

fern wrote:Many many time ago I had a discussion with someone here -I will reserve his name because I do not know if he would want this to be public- and as a consequence, in private mail ito someone else, I said very nasty things about this gentleman.
As anyone knows, when you are pissed off, you say many awful things that comes just from the rage and the desire to hurt someone. In those moments of insanity any of us would be capable of stabbing his mother. Nothing said in that conditions has an atom of truth, neither it represent what you really think of the eventual target of that day.
Now I have known that those comments, made privately in any case, somehow -never a messenger of evil is out or lacking too much time- had met a path to a more wide audience an it is posible that this gentleman has seen them by now.
I want to say him, as I hope he will realize from the fact that we have had lot of good intercourse in the last years, that I do not feel, believe or think nothing of the sort and that my stupid words came from a mixture of rage and probably some dosis of red wine, my weakness.
If he want some any other reparation, public or private, I am prepared to satisfy him.
Please, my dear pal, forget and forgive and remember I am an esentially idiotic criature with just some sparks of capabilty in the realm of my profesion.

Fern

Fern, this took one hell of a gentleman and a good man to be able to post what you have above. My hat is off to you- and you have my respect here. I too have been in similar positions before, and said things i did not mean in the heat of the moment- things i thought were private. And anyone who says he hasnt is a liar. So dont beat yourself up too bad over this- in the end, we are all human- nothing more and nothing less. (One shameful thing is that anyone would see fit to make this public in the first place. For example, when i first read it i did not realize it had come from private mails.) Again, you have greatly impressed me here with your above comments.

Best to You,

George
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Thanks Fern. Apology accepted.
I'm sure that most of us say some things in private that we'd hope would never be seen in public, myself included.
I don't hold grudges, so to me the incident is forgotten already. Let's get on and enjoy our hobby.

Regards, Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
geots

Re: And My Apology To Swami!

Post by geots »

This whole thing got out of hand. I read all that and thought it was being said in a present discussion in which i thought Swami was present. And i attacked him for not defending the person i thought you were at that time attacking- not knowing all this had come earlier from private mails. I just hope Swami forgives me for accusing him of something he had no control over. This whole ugly mess could have been avoided except for one person who decided to air dirty laundry and never should have.

Let's Forget All This And Move Forward Regards,

George
kgburcham

Hey Fern

Post by kgburcham »

Hey Fern, you will have better luck going through a dating service.
Try this tune for some clearing of the mind, Fern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wI6uAOHzvo

kgburcham
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Hey Fern

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

kgburcham wrote:Hey Fern, you will have better luck going through a dating service.
Try this tune for some clearing of the mind, Fern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wI6uAOHzvo

kgburcham
Hey kgburcham,nice pistol you got there,it reflects respect to say the least :wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
fern

Post by fern »

Thanks George, but I tend to think that my post is simple what you must expect of an average decent man. It is perhaps a sign of these times that such a normal behaviour could seems today something that deserves hats off.
I was born in an age when mothers and fathers tended to raise his children with some very simple, elemental, basic rules of behaviour that today, to some jerks, seems as represive, punishing rules.
My merit is, then, that I was born in 1949, not in 1989.

My best
fern
geots

Post by geots »

fern wrote:Thanks George, but I tend to think that my post is simple what you must expect of an average decent man. It is perhaps a sign of these times that such a normal behaviour could seems today something that deserves hats off.
I was born in an age when mothers and fathers tended to raise his children with some very simple, elemental, basic rules of behaviour that today, to some jerks, seems as represive, punishing rules.
My merit is, then, that I was born in 1949, not in 1989.

My best
fern

Knowing the both of us- im not surprised that I, as well as you, were born in 1949. I imagine the way in which we were both raised was very similar.
- Best to you, Fern.
kgburcham

Re: Hey Fern

Post by kgburcham »

That is a Gemtech internally silenced barrel for the Ruger 22lr.
I am trying to purchase one. Takes a tax stamp and a local class 3 dealer will have to receive shipment. Also has to be preapproved by local law enforement. I like shooting at the local firing range, just another toy.

Computer chess gets more boring every year for me. Crazy fast hardware with so many programs close to 3000 elo. If you play a standard opening then you get beat or draw these days.
There are no more test positions.
I reached the end of the internet the other day.
I have watched all of the youtube videos.
I have tried all of the sex positions there are.
I sold all of my race car, motors, etc...
I finished my yard---thick dark green with 0 weeds.

so now I will work on my Taurus 17 shot semiauto 9mm quick draw and my shooting accuracy at the range

kgburcham
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

fern wrote:Many many time ago I had a discussion with someone here -I will reserve his name because I do not know if he would want this to be public- and as a consequence, in private mail ito someone else, I said very nasty things about this gentleman.

Fern
You're a good man, Fern.

Terry