How do you see computer chess in 100 years?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: How do you see computer chess in 100 years?

Post by geots »

Kempelen wrote:How do you see computer chess in one hundred years? Do you think there will not be people programming due to all will be invented? or do you think there will be programmers who will fun programing engines?

Fermin, with all due respect to you- i cannot envision a scenario in which it would be possible for me to care less about what happens with ANYTHING in 100 years.

Dead and Buried Regards,
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

mschribr wrote:
BubbaTough wrote: From my experience, the world of 1808 was more like 1908 than 1908 was like 2008. "progress" is not necessarily linear.

-Sam
The rate appears nonlinear or more in later times because of the compounding affect. The rate is the same but if you start from a higher point then result looks much bigger. It’s like money in the bank. The bank pays 5 percent. So going from $1 to $1.05 looks less then going from $1,000,000 to $1,050,000 because you can do a lot more with $50,000 then with $.05. But the rate of increase is the same.
The rate of developement isn't linear, since the time I was born knowledge and technology has increased millions of times over, more has happened in science and technology in my lifetime since the inception of civilization.

The next 100 years is beyond what anyone here can imagine.
Terry McCracken

geots wrote:
Kempelen wrote:How do you see computer chess in one hundred years? Do you think there will not be people programming due to all will be invented? or do you think there will be programmers who will fun programing engines?

Fermin, with all due respect to you- i cannot envision a scenario in which it would be possible for me to care less about what happens with ANYTHING in 100 years.

Dead and Buried Regards,
Speak for yourself! :wink:
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

In 2108 the CCC will be one million members strong ,containing 30 main fora and 150 Sub-Fora
moderation of the boards will be a highly sought after position with 100 moderators each highly compensated .. including personal use of a car .. full family medical insurance and a great pension plan

Dental benefits will still be some years off Yet Regards
Steve
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve B wrote:In 2108 the CCC will be one million members strong ,containing 30 main fora and 150 Sub-Fora
moderation of the boards will be a highly sought after position with 100 moderators each highly compensated .. including personal use of a car .. full family medical insurance and a great pension plan

Dental benefits will still be some years off Yet Regards
Steve
This is by far the best and most reliable prediction posted in this thread :D
Nustradamus is still alive regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

The most related question is : "How do you see computers in one hundred years ?"

Will they be quantum ? biological ? living form ? ...

Kempelen wrote:How do you see computer chess in one hundred years?
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

i think in 2108 millennium will sell the first dedicated chess computer that has 2000 ELO performance !

Novag still considers to bring out the 2robot with stronger program,
and excalibur sells a machine with 1900 ELO.
kranium

Post by kranium »

A worldwide revolution against technology eliminates all war, missiles, weapons, computers, cars, nuclear power, cities, etc.

Everyone lives green, pollution and global warming are things of the past, and world hunger no longer exists.

Chess mastery (again) exists only in the human brain...the world champion is a 18 year-old girl from Asiatia with ELO 3601!
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

mclane wrote:i think in 2108 millennium will sell the first dedicated chess computer that has 2000 ELO performance !
:P
yes perhaps in the next Millennium ,millenium will make a decent schachcomputer

3008 Regards
Steve
Terry McCracken

Vinvin wrote:The most related question is : "How do you see computers in one hundred years ?"

Will they be quantum ? biological ? living form ? ...

Kempelen wrote:How do you see computer chess in one hundred years?
Advanced Quantum Designs, and True A.I. will have been firmly established.

HAL