Let's try Arena 2.0!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Karmazen & Oliver

Re: Let's try Arena 2.0!

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

Edward German wrote:
pedrox wrote::D
YES!

http://www.playwitharena.com/

My best thank to programmer Martin Blume, to promoters Frank Quisinsky, Michael Diosi, Christopher Conkie and to all other testers!

Eduard
I test now and THE NEW version is more fast, more stable, more looking is a lof of MORE ¡

it´s a fantastic GUI chess, I think that is the GUI more configurable in the world, where you can change a lot ot options to do a "human" gui... it´s fantastic in ALL his options ¡¡¡

arena have free support for *.pgn, epds, copy information, printing, support too for DGT boards, for Novag Citrine and other "compatibleS" serials in configuration... ¡¡ support too for ICS ¡¡ support book too ¡ and show a lot of information in the window ¡

good work for all people that colaborate with ARENA CHESS GUI ¡

Link: Big image arena gui detalle .

LONG LIVE for ARENA GUI CHESS ¡

hurrah ¡
hurrah ¡
hurrah ¡

bye. Oliver from Spain. 8-)

link HERE big: Image

FANTASTIC GUI ¡
stwils

Post by stwils »

I added the Rybka engine.

BUT...I can get no sound. All I want is a "click" when the pieces move. Arena 1.1 and 1.99 were the same way - no sound. There is a file in the Arena program on my harddrive called sound but I can't get it to work.

They offer national anthems. That may be nice, but all I want is a simple "click."

Can you get the sound to work? If so, how???

S.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

Susan,

Did you investigate Options --> Appearance --> Sounds ?
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Hmmmm..........interesting --How to make it use English.
stwils

Post by stwils »

Yes, I went to options, appearance, sound many times.

All I want is just for moves to go "glunk" or "click" not in English but just the noise.

S
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

All I can add is the following, which you've probably already done:

Options-->Appearance-->Sounds

Check the "Play sounds" box. From the "Select a sound playing ..." options choose "at a normal move." Click on the "Folder" icon to browse your file system for sound files. Navigate to Arena20/Sounds/ and select move.wav. Click Open. Click Play to test the sound. Then Apply and OK.

This works for me. I'm running Arena using Wine on a Mac. I was happy to get sound at all!
Murat

Post by Murat »

Hi guys,

Is anyone able to make Novag Universal Board (UCB) work with arena 2.0?

UCB hardware settings are:
9600 bauds, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control.

Arena can see my move from the UCB in the communication tab of Novag Chessboard settings. Like Me2-e4 but the move does not register on the Arena chess board.

I am thinking the letter M the UCB sends in front of the move may be the problem.

If anyone can make it work please PM me.

Thank you

Murat :.
stwils

Post by stwils »

I followed the advice here, and now I have a great big "THUMP" when a piece moves in Arena! Music to my ears to get sound in the game!

Merry Christmas everyone!

S.
Dave K

Post by Dave K »

Arena comes up as a mixture of German and English. Default in Extras is set to English and I even have tried the /e option in the start shortcut. Any ideas?

Dave
terminator

Post by terminator »

swami wrote:Good to see Arena updated after really a long time. I hope they find time to working on it more, they have plenty of scope to overtake chessbase. It seems chessbase has run out of ideas.
Its hard to believe a sane person would come up with such an "assessment" after the release of Arena 1.99 to 2.00 Is this reverse psychology or a joke?