Crafty problem with Arena 2.0

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dave K

Crafty problem with Arena 2.0

Post by Dave K »

Crafty 22.7 and 22.8 do not display any move or analysis data in tournament mode under Arena 2.0. Other Winboard engines work just fine. I have been going through configuration options for two days to no avail. I do nor have any other Craftys to test. Help?

Dave
Gilbert Billiau

Re: Crafty problem with Arena 2.0

Post by Gilbert Billiau »

I have the same problem.
I tried to change some parameters in arena 2.0 but without any success.

Arena 1.99 beta5 worked well with crafty 22.8 (and 22.7).
So, for the moment, i get back to arena 1.99 beta.

Gilbert
gerold

Post by gerold »

Dave K wrote:Crafty 22.7 and 22.8 do not display any move or analysis data in tournament mode under Arena 2.0. Other Winboard engines work just fine. I have been going through configuration options for two days to no avail. I do nor have any other Craftys to test. Help?

Dave
Same problem here. Hope it will be fixed as Crafty is my favorite
program and i sure like the new Arena.

Gerold.
bob

Post by bob »

gerold wrote:
Dave K wrote:Crafty 22.7 and 22.8 do not display any move or analysis data in tournament mode under Arena 2.0. Other Winboard engines work just fine. I have been going through configuration options for two days to no avail. I do nor have any other Craftys to test. Help?

Dave

Gerold.
From the comments it seems like some sort of arena issue if older versions of arena work and new ones do not. Output from Crafty has not changed in the last years...
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

bob wrote:
gerold wrote:

Dave

Gerold.
From the comments it seems like some sort of arena issue if older versions of arena work and new ones do not. Output from Crafty has not changed in the last years...
Arena 1.1 is still the most stable version of the program even after all these years 8-)
Arena is still evolving regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
swami

Post by swami »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
bob wrote:
gerold wrote:

Dave

Gerold.
Arena 1.1 is still the most stable version of the program even after all these years 8-)
Arena is still evolving regards,
Dr.D
I'd agree with that, Arena is indeed evolving. Arena 2 Graphics is really improved, and also the support for FICS. I still have a problem logging on in chessclub.com using Arena.
beachknight

Post by beachknight »

Dave
I had the same feature of Crafty.

If Crafty sees a mate in X, it stops analyzing, I suppose.

Best,
hi, merhaba, hallo HT