CCC nominees list for coming CCC elections

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rolf

Re: CCC nominees list for coming CCC elections

Post by Rolf »

smirobth wrote:
Rolf wrote:The CTF mods did this too IMO. Why suddenly CCC mods fight against CTF mods?? Ed asked the question just minutes ago. Could someone step forward? Thanks.
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25965
Robin, this is not a reasonable explanation. Graham was banned for a deed that anybody else here in CCC would have also been banned. But only because Graham delivers good tournaments this deed cant be simply ignored. So the ban was forced. That this had a first impact on Grahams possibility to post in CCC is by force of the software here but nothing else.

It is misleading to insinuate that Ed as a mod simply banned but didnt care about the second problem. Therefore he wanted an agreement with Graham. Similar to what I had once asked for in a personal appeal. I said let me post on CTF if I certainly respect CCC where I wont post. Ed organised this for me although he wasnt a mod at the time. it was a smart solution because nobody felt disturbed here and I had the chance to participate in some small talk. With Graham this could have done the other way round. Even after his wrongdoing but aslas, he wasnt interested.

So, the mods in CTF didnt do anything wrong. And to humiliate them now with a halt after the first weeks of their term is not the business of the CCC mods.

Let me make a similar proposal to all here in CCC and also the three mods here:

Please - think about the following agreement, that Graham can post here if he respects the CTF ban, and I will offer you the joy that I will refreign from posting at all on CCC, so that in special Bob H. has the satisfaction to not seeing me here. In return I am allowed to my beloved small talk about politics of computerchess in CTF. I offer further a plus, that I will refreign from making hidden or metaphorical allegations meant to any future debate in CCC.

This agreement could last for a first 6 months and could then be extended for another term.

In return you CCC mods stop your election campaign against the decent CC heroes Ed and Chris plus the new talent Swami who all do a great job in CTF.

Please, if you read nthis here, give in and accept such a scenario for the best of a peaceful future of this whole nice club.

This is meant seriously and no game.

I wish everybody the best possible fun with our hobby and a successful future. Yours truly senior poster from Germany, Rolf. Just give me a short ok via PM. Thanks.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Steve B wrote:now i speak for the Mod Team..
why is a member who blackmailed CCC moderators and was banned because of this, posting in CCC again.

Ed Schroeder resigned in this moment because the CTF moderators decisions were again overwritten by the CCC mods.

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26010

I cannot really see how the "teamwork" between CCC and CTF mods is working well.

When will the new elections of the CCC mods happen ?
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mclane wrote:
Steve B wrote:now i speak for the Mod Team..
why is a member who blackmailed CCC moderators and was banned because of this, posting in CCC again.

Ed Schroeder resigned in this moment because the CTF moderators decisions were again overwritten by the CCC mods.

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26010

I cannot really see how the "teamwork" between CCC and CTF mods is working well.

When will the new elections of the CCC mods happen ?
Don't forget that a big part of the problem is the forum software which allows the crossed over relationships between the two mentioned teams....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

I have not been following the issues, and try to stay apolitical...but have a suggestion. Perhaps mod actions that only apply to one forum (such as moving / deleting posts and such) should be under the purview of that forum's moderation team, and actions that affect multiple forums (such as banning) should be voted on by the combined group of moderators that the action effects. In my extremely bias opinion, each CCC moderator should get a double vote on such actions because CCC is actually somewhat useful (relevant to chess which is in the topic name of both forums) while CTF is more of a mud-wrestling contest :roll:.

-Sam
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Post by Volker Pittlik »

Because we got several complaints about this thread I close it temporarily until the the moderators decide how to proceed with it.

Please do not open new threads about the same topic in the meantime.

Thank you

Volker