64 bit version of Nerowb60

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dann Corbit

64 bit version of Nerowb60

Post by Dann Corbit »

http://cap.connx.com/chess-engines/new- ... rowb60.zip

Compiled with FreePascal using Lazarus IDE.
Stan Arts

Re: 64 bit version of Nerowb60

Post by Stan Arts »

Hi Dann,

good to see you've finally done the right thing and switched to Pascal! Don't look back.

What is the result? Is there any speedup for Nero? What about 64bit Booot?

If non-bitboard programs speed up my engine (Neurosis) might as well, but my guess is they do not.

Stan

Ps. but bit booot? But 64bit Booot bites back bot bishops, bah.
Tord Romstad

Post by Tord Romstad »

Stan Arts wrote:What is the result? Is there any speedup for Nero? What about 64bit Booot?

If non-bitboard programs speed up my engine (Neurosis) might as well, but my guess is they do not.
Booot is a bitboard program, or at least it was the last time I spoke with Alex.

Tord
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Stan Arts wrote:Hi Dann,

good to see you've finally done the right thing and switched to Pascal! Don't look back.
I never switch, but I do like to add new tools to the bag. I'm strictly a patzer in Pascal currently.
What is the result? Is there any speedup for Nero? What about 64bit Booot?
Actually, I tried, but it has a hundred+ lines of inline assembly and I could not figure out how to do inline assembly in 64 bit mode. I could probably recode the assembly bit in Pascal, but I'm not a Pascal expert and I might not do an efficient job so I just dropped that effort. I guess that Booot would benefit in a mighty way.

Stan

Ps. but bit booot? But 64bit Booot bites back bot bishops, bah.