Suj reached 37,000 kn/s with Rybka 3!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Uri

Suj reached 37,000 kn/s with Rybka 3!

Post by Uri »

Suj Jag said on Playchess's engine room that he reached 37,000 kilonodes/s with Rybka 3 on a 96 core computer. He said he has two 96 core servers at work. He also said he has two 48 core servers at home. This guy must be rich, filthy rich.

Now if you combine the two together you have a 192 core supercomputer. He could almost solve chess with this monstrous hardware.

The sad part is that Suj doesn't give us more information about the architecture of the hardware he's using.
bob

Re: Suj reached 37,000 kn/s with Rybka 3!

Post by bob »

Uri wrote:Suj Jag said on Playchess's engine room that he reached 37,000 kilonodes/s with Rybka 3 on a 96 core computer. He said he has two 96 core servers at work. He also said he has two 48 core servers at home. This guy must be rich, filthy rich.

Now if you combine the two together you have a 192 core supercomputer. He could almost solve chess with this monstrous hardware.

The sad part is that Suj doesn't give us more information about the architecture of the hardware he's using.
I would suspect this is 100% BS myself. Just a hunch. But a _really_ good hunch. :)
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

BS of course, from Sedat chess:

1663kN/s Intel 5x8 Harpertown Cluster 40 CPU

Jouni
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Uri wrote:Suj Jag said on Playchess's engine room that he reached 37,000 kilonodes/s with Rybka 3 on a 96 core computer. He said he has two 96 core servers at work. He also said he has two 48 core servers at home. This guy must be rich, filthy rich.

A pure sample of speculation beside the other laughable info....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

37,000 kn/s ... I will believe it when I see it. The only way to get Rybka running on so many cores is to use a Rybka Cluster version. I know for a fact that the 90+ core tested with Rybka does not have Rybka Cluster.
diep

Post by diep »

bob wrote:

I would suspect this is 100% BS myself. Just a hunch. But a _really_ good hunch. :)
I've had this guy a lot on my chat. he appeared when the Sheikh's got online and travels around the planet. Salesmen are like that. It's just one big piece of crap. I phoned him once in UK. Big bragging about machines and how i could get a login. Until today i still am waiting for that login. He had to catch each time a bus or an airplane.

I wonder why you guys post all this ballony of a guy who obviously is very realistic himself about what he can and cannot do.

Yet if people want to believe something really fantastic, a salesman will tell you that fantastic story. It is easy to technical nail guys like him.

Speak about the new upcoming cpu that intel has. Intel beckton. 8 cores, 16 logical cores.

First ask the clockrate. he might actually get that right as some people already indicated what it is. Then speak about the hardware. Next day he'll say he is running on such a system.

You ask the number of kilonodes a second he gets in a benchmark.

Some months later th emachine releases. You look to the benchmark and compare it with what a guy like this said.

I did do that a few times with Suj and each time he was dead wrong.
Not even close. That's *very hard* proof of the guy lying about new upcoming hardware.

Just people like to dream about hardware.
They will keep believing guys like this.

Note that Suj is very realistic about what he can and cannot do himself and especially realistic about other people. Yet these guys are trained to take over subjects. If you are a nerd and speak about new hardware, he'll also speak about new hardware and do claims.

If you have outputs at 16 cores, he'll have them of 160 cores.

Who likes to live like that though?

Vincent
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Uri wrote:Suj Jag said on Playchess's engine room that he reached 37,000 kilonodes/s with Rybka 3 on a 96 core computer.
I think that 96 core computer is not from our planet :)

In my opinion nowdays if we build any cluster of 96 core computer
(by the fastest processors available on the market),expected kns of Rybka 3 should be approx. 3000 kns

Code: Select all

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Kn/s      Hardware/Processor     GHz/MHz  Threads   Hardware User 
-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
1663kN/s  Intel 5x8 Harpertown   Cluster  40 CPU    Lukas Cimiotti
432kN/s   Intel QX9775 @3.20GHz  3990MHz   8 CPU    Majd Ansari
414kN/s   Intel i7 920 @2.67GHz  4100MHz   4 CPU    Phil Harris
For full table:
http://www.sedatchess.com/rybkabenchmarks.html

Best,
Sedat
bob

Post by bob »

Jouni wrote:BS of course, from Sedat chess:

Jouni
I don't believe that number. In fact, I don't believe _any_ NPS quoted with the name "Rybka" anywhere near it. :) You can't trust Rybka's node counts. You can't trust its NPS. You can't trust its search depth. And you can't trust many of the claims made about super-hardware either.

I do not believe that Rybka only gets 1.6M nodes per second on a cluster. That's just more garbage...
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

bob wrote:
Jouni wrote:BS of course, from Sedat chess:

Jouni
I don't believe that number. In fact, I don't believe _any_ NPS quoted with the name "Rybka" anywhere near it. :) You can't trust Rybka's node counts. You can't trust its NPS. You can't trust its search depth. And you can't trust many of the claims made about super-hardware either.

I do not believe that Rybka only gets 1.6M nodes per second on a cluster. That's just more garbage...
It's hard for me to say it,but I do agree with Bob here....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Nice Censorship...
Terry McCracken