Will Shredder ever return ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Cubeman

Re: Will Shredder ever return ...

Post by Cubeman »

You end up with conflicting results.Even top GM's dissagree over the same position.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Cubeman wrote:You end up with conflicting results.Even top GM's dissagree over the same position.
I suppose for "simple" starters one would have to match known positions with previous analysis. Sort of a collection of books and known analysis of existing games (checked first with engine analysis). Obviously this would have to be modified and updated constantly over time.

And if there is a disagreement, maybe the analysis of the engine may be able to eventually see deep enough to allow for matching a long term planning "phrase" and its advantages.

Since we cannot do this with chess, we are obviously a long way away from creating intelligent robots. But as an exercise with chess maybe it could spur new methods of AI in other future applications.
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Kirk wrote:
Cubeman wrote:You end up with conflicting results.Even top GM's dissagree over the same position.
I suppose for "simple" starters one would have to match known positions with previous analysis. Sort of a collection of books and known analysis of existing games (checked first with engine analysis). Obviously this would have to be modified and updated constantly over time.

And if there is a disagreement, maybe the analysis of the engine may be able to eventually see deep enough to allow for matching a long term planning "phrase" and its advantages.

Since we cannot do this with chess, we are obviously a long way away from creating intelligent robots. But as an exercise with chess maybe it could spur new methods of AI in other future applications.
Spot On Cliff!

The idea is to create an A.I. progam to interpret the analysis and give a full expanation of that analysis.

It will be a separate program to do this job and a real challenge in A.I.

Such a program would be costly as well, but well worth the effort in my opinion.

I hope some talented minds out there gives this some serious thought.
Terry McCracken